Post by SnapFramesWarehouse » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:22 pm

It's an intermittent problem that started a few days ago but might be getting worse. During checkout the process can freeze for around 20 seconds, usually at the point where the county dropdown is being populated and in admin when trying to print an invoice the printable page window can takes ages to load. There is nothing in the error log but I've asked other people to try and about 1 time in 3 they get the same problem. Any ideas?

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:17 pm

SnapFramesWarehouse wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:22 pm
Any ideas?
Sounds like it could be caused by your web host.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by straightlight » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:56 pm

Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:22 pm
It's an intermittent problem that started a few days ago but might be getting worse. During checkout the process can freeze for around 20 seconds, usually at the point where the county dropdown is being populated and in admin when trying to print an invoice the printable page window can takes ages to load. There is nothing in the error log but I've asked other people to try and about 1 time in 3 they get the same problem. Any ideas?
OC version, extensions used. In the meantime, I would suggest looking into your Developers Kit on your browser (console and network tab) while waiting those 20 secs before jumping to conclusions where web hosts may work on their remediation planning.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by SnapFramesWarehouse » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:44 am

I think so too but getting the hosting support people to see it is difficult. I've tried googling but it's like nobody else has ever had the same problem!

Post by straightlight » Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:59 am

Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:44 am
I think so too but getting the hosting support people to see it is difficult. I've tried googling but it's like nobody else has ever had the same problem!
By posting the Developers Kit outputs, nothing makes it unique.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by SnapFramesWarehouse » Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:08 pm

I loaded the developer tools while using the print invoice option & this was the result

https://snapframeswarehouse.co.uk/Image2.JPG

It took 30 secs to load and the first line with NS_BINDING_CANCELLED_OLD_LOAD only shows when there is a delay, more often than not the page will load normally

It's an unmodified fresh install of 2.3.0.2