Post by glolar » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:32 am

Hello,

Just installed my new store at: https://larrys17.sg-host.com/store.

I can register a new account, but it doesn't log me in after registration. If I try to log in, it doesn't log me in (no error messages either).

When I register, it DOES create an account, because I can see the Customer in the Admin customer list. Just cannot log in.

Checked the error.log on the server, nothing their either. Turned

display_errors = 1
error_reporting = E_ALL

in the php.ini. Still nothing.

I've installed 4 or 5 OpenCart 3.0.3.8 stores over the past few years, and I've NEVER seen this issue.
Please visit the site and register an account, and see if you have the same issue I have. Bizarre.

Dead in the water here ... hoping someone can help out.

Thanks a log.
Larry

Location - San Diego, CA

Post by glolar » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:20 am

Ok, so I have solved this mystery. It has to do with the store's Timezone BUG that has existed FOREVER. If you set the store's Timezone to anything but UTC, it causes this problem (among others). It also causes you to be kicked out of your admin session, and you cannot log back in to the admin unless you manually change the timezone back to UTC in the database (using phpMyAdmin). There is supposedly a fix to the timezone problem (i.e., changing the timezone setting from 'db' to 'file' somewhere in one of the core files). That DOES let you have a store timezone set to something other than UTC without locking you out of the admin, but evidently, it doesn't solve the problem of this original post.

By the way, I discovered that if you do have something other than UTC set as the store's timezone, and someone creates a new account, they get the following message, instead of being logged in and presented with the usual congratulatory message:

Your Account Has Been Created!
Thank you for registering with Swints Feed & Garden Supply!
You will be notified by e-mail once your account has been activated by the store owner.
If you have ANY questions about the operation of this online shop, please contact the store owner.

Ok, so what the hell is that about the account needing to be "activated"??? I looked at the customer accounts, and I don't see any setting that has to do with account activation. There is an option on the dropdown for the customer Edit button that says "Unlock Account" but that is DISABLED.

Just trying to be informed ... and if anyone has a permanent FIX for this timezone issue, other than modifying core files (which doesn't solve all the problems), then I would love to hear it. Cannot believe that this problem has been allowed to persist for YEARS!

Location - San Diego, CA

Post by ADD Creative » Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:35 pm

Have you tried, in system/config/default.php set date_timezone to the same as in your settings?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by yehudah » Tue May 30, 2023 5:51 am

fixing the time zone in the config/default.php file worked, thank you

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue May 30, 2023 4:41 pm

I think this was fixed in the 3.0.x.x_Maintenance release if I remember correctly.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by ADD Creative » Tue May 30, 2023 6:21 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 4:41 pm
I think this was fixed in the 3.0.x.x_Maintenance release if I remember correctly.
I don't think it has been fixed in 3.0.x.x_Maintenance yet. See https://github.com/opencart/opencart/is ... 1451953438.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by paulfeakins » Wed May 31, 2023 6:30 pm

yehudah wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 5:51 am
fixing the time zone in the config/default.php file worked, thank you
Please add [SOLVED] to the start of the post title.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom