Post by harap » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:05 am

Hello,

When I upgrade to php8.1 from php7.4, Contact Us mail doesn't sent mail, upload product image doesn't work and product's image not show up in cart?
How to fix it?

Please advise. Thanks in advance!

Location - United States

Post by by mona » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:20 am

No OC version - presumably OC2
If you would have search the forum before asking you would have found both the answer that it does not support php8 and also some option available to you.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:34 am

If you want to use OC v.2.3.x, download a PHP v.8.x capable OC Version like this one:
https://github.com/IP-CAM/Opencart-v.2. ... -PHP-v.8.1

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by thekrotek » Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:01 am

harap wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:05 am
Please advise. Thanks in advance!
Revert back to PHP 7.4

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by harap » Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:17 am

I have OC 2.2.0.0 it works very stable in the past many years I like it very much.
I have to revert back to php 7.4. without headache. OC 4.x is my next move for long term plan.
Thank you all for the advises.

Location - United States

Post by thekrotek » Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:38 am

harap wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:17 am
OC 4.x is my next move for long term plan.
Don't consider it for the next year at least. Not worth in the terms of new stuff (nothing new, like literally) and totally not worth considering all the bugs.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by harap » Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:31 am

Yes thank you! :)
It seems non of extension updated to OC 4x so far. Will keep eye on the major developers.

Location - United States

Post by straightlight » Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:14 am

harap wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:31 am
Yes thank you! :)
It seems non of extension updated to OC 4x so far. Will keep eye on the major developers.
Now that the issue has been solved, please add: [SOLVED] at the beginning of the subject line on your first post.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Dunald » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:02 am

Since this is not solved I would like some help with why the mail in contact us is not working in OC when I use 8.1
My host one.com is forcing me to use 8.1 from october this year.

I can not search the forum because php is to few letters and php8.1 is to common word...

Same problem in 1.4.9.3 and 1.5.5.1 sites.
My sites are old but I like them :-)

Post by ADD Creative » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:53 am

Dunald wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:02 am
Since this is not solved I would like some help with why the mail in contact us is not working in OC when I use 8.1
My host one.com is forcing me to use 8.1 from october this year.

I can not search the forum because php is to few letters and php8.1 is to common word...

Same problem in 1.4.9.3 and 1.5.5.1 sites.
My sites are old but I like them :-)
What issue do you have with mail in contact us? Are any other emails affected? What mail settings are you using? Have you checked both the OpenCart and PHP error logs?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Dunald » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:36 pm

Hi
I can make a order and get a confirmation-mail.
But I can not get a mail if I use Contact-us.

No error at all. Tested in my 1.5.5.1 site
Mail settings in settings is "Mail" not "SMTP"

Come to think of it I no longer are getting any mail when someone is trying to access a honeypot trap that I use. I used to get 2-3 mails from that trap every day earlier.

Post by ADD Creative » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:14 am

Dunald wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:36 pm
Hi
I can make a order and get a confirmation-mail.
But I can not get a mail if I use Contact-us.

No error at all. Tested in my 1.5.5.1 site
Mail settings in settings is "Mail" not "SMTP"

Come to think of it I no longer are getting any mail when someone is trying to access a honeypot trap that I use. I used to get 2-3 mails from that trap every day earlier.
Before version 3 the from address was set to the address filled in on the contact form. This could fail SPF DKIM DMARC policies. Have you tried testing the contact form using a email address from the same domain as your stores main email address? If that works it's probably the from address issue, otherwise it's more likely to be something else.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by Dunald » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:37 am

Found the error. My host one.com thinks that mail from my site is spam when I redirect the mail to my other/main mail.
The mail is in my spam-folder in my shop mail but this "spam" is not forwarded to my other/main mail.
Thanks for the replies. I guess my 1.5.5.1 site now is working problem free with latest php 8.1 and I have to check the sites mail manually or perhaps use SMTP to try to solve this issue.

Post by ADD Creative » Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:51 am

If the email is being detected as spam then that could be due to the issue I mentioned about the email 'from' address being wrong.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by kab09412 » Mon May 15, 2023 6:31 am

Hi all,

In a nutshell, the overall advice that you will find in the forums, please hire me I will help you, otherwise you will be insulted.

My advice use another solution other than Opencart, the community is the worst (granted that there are exceptions) , solutions are not posted properly and unless you are developer yourself, I would strongly advise stay away from opencart.

Every time I have to upgrade it is hours debugging.

Post by IP_CAM » Mon May 15, 2023 4:47 pm

the community is the worst .....
Well, the only purpose of Opencart is, to create Income, for most everybody involved. So, it's more a wonder, that some frequently come here, to assist others for free. Better accept this fact, and don't expect more, or you will be disappointed.

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by by mona » Mon May 15, 2023 7:37 pm

Thank you for your comments.

Yes there are people who ask to be hired mainly when more complex work is involved, rarely for insignificant stuff. This forum is for Opencart core, errors, minor edits, not customised work. Customised work is paid, yet thousands of replies from developers with solutions. This may be the reason a place has been created where not only do people expect customised work for free, they expect developers to search the forums for them, search the marketplace for them and provide free customisations where extension already exist but they do not want to pay.

As IP_CAM has stated,
Opencart is a commercial shopping cart
. It is all paid all the way through to the end user. In today’s world people who work for charities are paid and so we get left with volunteers. All developers on this forum work for a living and yet they volunteer their time here. You have noted these exceptions.

Every time I have to upgrade it is hours debugging.
AND ???

Just because we are developers and we can debug quicker and more effectively does not mean we do not spend time and effort and this you do not see as worthy of being paid ?

You are free to use any platform you like, we do not get paid by Opencart or you and the more people complain the less likely we are to do it. I believe it is a direct result of the failure to say please, thank you, post OC version, demand customisations for free and use immature tactics like “well if you don’t know”, “don’t respond if you are not going to give me the answer I want”, “doesn’t work” etc etc etc ..

No OC version works for php8.1, yet it was the community that created a version for both OC2 and OC3 (as well as OC1 for the upgrade of php5.4 to 7.4) so where you have posted this ‘gripe’ is simply not correct.

In a nutshell your gripe should be :
1. Users do not return and write [SOLVED] as often as they should making it easier to find solutions.
2. Users ask too many customisation work and it fills up the forum.
3. Users do not appreciate the volunteers here enough.
4. Users are not polite and most definitely not humble to make developers feel it is worth while assisting.
5. Users do not use google and repeat the same questions over and over again filling up the forum as well as wasting our time.
I could continue ..

As far as being insulted, it is not insulting to be told that our request is out of the scope of free support. It is insulting to expect free support for custom work by commercial developers and commercial sites. Many, many many users have proven they are not prepared to pay less than $2 an hour / coffee/ beer/ donation for work and that has resulted in developers feeling you do not appreciate any of us and as such .. you end up with only paying for the hired help. As IP_CAM also says ..
it's more a wonder, that some frequently come here, to assist others for free
I am not here because of you. I am here because of the people that came before me and there will be one or two of you that will make the effort, learn and come after me. Most of the users here are just making a profit on the back of others and have no intension of ever assisting the community, only themselves - and most of those are developers being paid by clients to do work that they are not qualified to do. You may have fallen through the cracks, but we are not to blame for feeling under appreciated and choosing not to assist as much as we can - nor should we feel in any way bad for having to be paid for some work in order to continue to assist for free.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by Dunald » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:30 pm

I still can not upload a new image. And without images I can not make new products. Also when I edit an old product I get a 500 error when I hit save. The product is saved but I have to go back from the error 500 page to see that the product is saved.

Post by Cue4cheap » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:33 pm

Dunald wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:30 pm
I still can not upload a new image. And without images I can not make new products. Also when I edit an old product I get a 500 error when I hit save. The product is saved but I have to go back from the error 500 page to see that the product is saved.
What does the error logs show?

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by Dunald » Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:22 pm

Cleared the error log and tried to uppload an image. Still a grey popup screen instead of the image manager. Tried to edit and save a product. Still a 500 error. Had a look at the error-log and no new errors. Using OC 1.5.6 and vqmod "v2.6.6-opencart"