Post by dstechnologies » Sun May 01, 2022 8:33 pm

I have read some of the other posts where there has been Invalid token session when adding or editing images, but their scenarios are different.
This is a 2nd attempt with fresh install of OC3.0.3.8. There are no Mods, and using the default theme.
I initailly installed v2.3.0.2, run into problems with Image Manager and errors with directory doesn't exist.
Then did fresh install of v3.0.3.8 had problems with Image Manager and Invalid token session errors, and didn't have some payment modeules I wanted (namely Paypal Express Checkout), so went back to v2.3.0.2, but after a while I started having problems again with Image Manager; so figured I might as well go back to latest OC - it is supposed to be more secure, etc, and see if I can persevere with it.

I used the Softaculous in CPanel to install it.
After successful install, I went to Admin, then entered details in:
  • Settings > Store - enter details for Address, Telephone, Opening Times;
  • Settings > Local - set Country, Region, Time Zone, Currency;
  • Settings > Mail - Mail Engine, SMTP details;
  • Settings > Server - Set SSL on.
Then went to Catalog > Propducts: I chose the first sample item (on the default theme this is an Apple Cinema 30" monitor) and selected the Edit button. I then went to the image tab. I selected the first image and clicked edit. Immediately the old problem returned. I checked the error logs under System > Maintenance > Error Logs - it is empty.
This time I want to fix it rather than delete and return to v2 version. But I'm still shoked that this version has been about for sometime now, I would have thought these bugs would have been sorted out.

Can some one help me fix this error... OC is unusable if I can't add/edit images. The problem is with Image Manager, regardless which section I'm in.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
David.

I'm not a programmer - so don't ask me for any programming help!

Save Money!! - The CHEAPEST way aint necessarily the one with LOWEST price - the CHEAPEST solution is getting the RIGHT solution FIRST time!.

Post by ADD Creative » Sun May 01, 2022 9:11 pm

If changing the time zone you will also need to change in system/config/default.php. See. viewtopic.php?f=201&t=222369&start=20#p816440

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by dstechnologies » Mon May 02, 2022 7:34 am

If changing the time zone you will also need to change in system/config/default.php. See. viewtopic.php?f=201&t=222369&start=20#p816440
If you are not meant to change the default time zone, why is it available to change in store settings?
If you have to make these additional changes if you want to change from the default time zone, why isn't that incorporated into the OpenCart program?

I'm not a programmer/coder and I get very nervous about digging into and making changes to any code... I don't think I'd be alone!

I'm not a programmer - so don't ask me for any programming help!

Save Money!! - The CHEAPEST way aint necessarily the one with LOWEST price - the CHEAPEST solution is getting the RIGHT solution FIRST time!.

Post by ADD Creative » Mon May 02, 2022 6:44 pm

dstechnologies wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 7:34 am
If you are not meant to change the default time zone, why is it available to change in store settings?
If you have to make these additional changes if you want to change from the default time zone, why isn't that incorporated into the OpenCart program?

I'm not a programmer/coder and I get very nervous about digging into and making changes to any code... I don't think I'd be alone!
It's a known bug https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/9237. Introduced by https://github.com/opencart/opencart/pull/8096 along with a few others. Unfortunately, none of the OpenCart developers seem understand, so it just gets ignored or it's that they are not maintaining the 3.x branch any more.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom