Post by Keycollectibles » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:47 am

Using the Paypal Commerce Platform extension for payments and I have this small issue where the customer's name has no space between the first and last name whenever Opencart sends the info to Paypal.
Customer places order and pays, Paypal has the transaction, and whenever I click on the payment it shows FirstnameLastname instead of Firstname Lastname

Anyone know how to fix this issue? Thanks for any help

Post by ADD Creative » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:52 pm

Are you using the latest version from the marketplace? The one included with OpenCart in not the latest version.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Keycollectibles » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:29 am

Thanks for the response. Yes, looks like I installed Paypal Commerce Platform Integration v1.1.5 back on 11/1/20. I just installed v1.5.0 right now. Let's see if that solved the problem.

UPDATE: Looks like the newer version solved the issue with the "no space" between first and last name when transmitting customer info to Paypal.

Post by glolar » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:24 am

ADD Creative wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:52 pm
Are you using the latest version from the marketplace? The one included with OpenCart in not the latest version.
Hi ADD Creative,

I have the same issue where a client installed the PayPal Commerce Platform in his 3.0.3.8 store, and the space is missing between First Name and Last Name when the name gets sent to PayPal.

I searched the Marketplace, and I cannot find a plugin called PayPal Commerce Platform. Is it called something else in the Marketplace? A direct link to the plugin would be great, so I could download it.

Also, I assume the marketplace version supports OpenCart 3.0.3.8?

Last question: Do I have to uninstall the version currently installed before installing the marketplace version? Don't want to hose the client's store.

Thanks for all your help, sir!

Location - San Diego, CA

Post by ADD Creative » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:56 pm

glolar wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:24 am
Hi ADD Creative,

I have the same issue where a client installed the PayPal Commerce Platform in his 3.0.3.8 store, and the space is missing between First Name and Last Name when the name gets sent to PayPal.

I searched the Marketplace, and I cannot find a plugin called PayPal Commerce Platform. Is it called something else in the Marketplace? A direct link to the plugin would be great, so I could download it.

Also, I assume the marketplace version supports OpenCart 3.0.3.8?

Last question: Do I have to uninstall the version currently installed before installing the marketplace version? Don't want to hose the client's store.

Thanks for all your help, sir!
It's recently been renamed to PayPal Checkout Integration. https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=38358

I think you should be OK installing over the current version. Just make sure you go to its settings and save, so it updates all the settings. Make sure you backup everything first. You could also test on a copy of the store first before making changes to a live store.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom