Post by madimar » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:21 am

I just created this new topic, in order to stimulate a discussion about new OC 3.0.x Events System coding/development.

I'm personally approaching it, with the idea to fully migrate from vqmod/ocmod to it. To be really honest I'm still facing some difficulties and I'll start here, writing some personal cosndierations.
The advantages of events are well known and generally shareable. On the other side, I have a question for experienced developers and experts:
How is it simple to manage/troubleshoot a fully customized website with a lot of custom codes realized with events? Is it really true code conflicts among different scripts will be limited with events?
With modifications (vqmod or ocmod) it was really easy to check final modified files, even with dozens of modifications. How will it be possible with events coding?!?

My 2 cents here

M

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:41 am

Welcome back Madimar, it's a good while since you showed up regularely here ... :D
I have been following the VqMod/OcMod Controversy over an extended period of time
now, just to find out, that both are already no longer of real use, because the new
built-in Admin Theme Editor ignores their doings, according to latest Topics on this. :crazy:

And as a consequence of this, EVENTS might likely be the only Solution left, to do
whatever to existing OC Source. That probably means, that there won't be anymore
Extensions available, as we know them today, and so no need for OcMod or VqMod
in latest Releases anymore. In Contrary, both Systems should be 'banned' from those
Releases, in order to avoid this place from beeing confronted with ever the same
matters on a daily bases. :crazy:

Am I right, or am I right ? I have no clue, because I don't know anything about events ... 8)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by madimar » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:18 pm

Thank you Ernie, you are right, I've been out of the game for some time... Anyway, regarding the possibility to better follow forums, I opened a new topic about Tapatalk app. I really can't understand why we can't use it or any other mobile app to follow forums. Said that, coming back to events, I understand what you mean and, exactly for that reason, I really think a full discussions among developers has to be done in order to better understand the new system and, why not, to give some best practices for common use cases.

I hope other historical Opencart members will give their feedback to this topic.

Regards,

M

My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro