Post by AlanARG » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:02 pm

Hey, how's it going?

I've noticed database doesn't update when I delete orders from the admin panel, they orders are still there and I have to delete them manually.
It's messing up my Excel Spreadsheet since it's exporting from the DB.

+ OC Version: 3.0.3.6
+ Website: www.nomadebaker.com

Any ideas? :)
Thanks!
Last edited by AlanARG on Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:11 pm

We are unable to reproduce your error without further details.
What is your OC version? What extensions have you installed? Whjat are the exact steps to reproduce your error?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by khnaz35 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:25 pm

How many database do you have in your phpMyAdmin?
Seems like you have some old database too where you are deleting them.
Go to your config files and make sure you are checking the correct database.

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia

Post by AlanARG » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:56 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:11 pm
We are unable to reproduce your error without further details.
What is your OC version? What extensions have you installed? Whjat are the exact steps to reproduce your error?
Ops, sorry, my bad. Thanks for your time and help :)

I have several extensions but I'm using this one to export to my Drive Spreadsheet and I've noticed that there (and also in the database) there's old orders I already deleted in the admin panel.

The steps are basically create a new order then delete it in the admin panel and when I go to phpMyAdmin to access my database the order is still there in the oc_order table, I need to delete it manually there so it doesn't show up in my Spreadsheet (I guess the export is made from the database and not the admin panel).
Last edited by AlanARG on Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by AlanARG » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:57 am

khnaz35 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:25 pm
How many database do you have in your phpMyAdmin?
Seems like you have some old database too where you are deleting them.
Go to your config files and make sure you are checking the correct database.
Just one! The one for OpenCart website.

I didn't understand the config files thing, did you mean in the phpMyAdmin panel?

Thanks a lot :)

Post by sw!tch » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:17 am

Does it delete from the admin panel ?

He means how many databases do you have in PHPmyAdmin.

Check your config.php and admin/config.php both match the database name in PHPmyAdmin

The delete function for orders uses the API which resides on the catalog side, so ensure both config files are using the same database name.

Sounds like you have multiple databases and the catalog or admin side is using a different database.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by AlanARG » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:16 pm

sw!tch wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:17 am

Check your config.php and admin/config.php both match the database name in PHPmyAdmin

The delete function for orders uses the API which resides on the catalog side, so ensure both config files are using the same database name.

Sounds like you have multiple databases and the catalog or admin side is using a different database.
Yes, it's gone in the admin panel, not in the DB.

I have just one database in PHPmyAdmin and both files match. I've used at work PostgreSQL and when we delete something in the admin panel it keeps a copy in the DB, my boss told me it's how it works at least in PostgreSQL, maybe there's some settings in PHPmyAdmin I should tweak or smth?

Post by straightlight » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:20 pm

AlanARG wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:16 pm
sw!tch wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:17 am

Yes, it's gone in the admin panel, not in the DB.

I have just one database in PHPmyAdmin and both files match. I've used at work PostgreSQL and when we delete something in the admin panel it keeps a copy in the DB, my boss told me it's how it works at least in PostgreSQL, maybe there's some settings in PHPmyAdmin I should tweak or smth?
Then both local databases might not be synched.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:02 pm

The issue is a bit confusing here. OpenCart only uses 1 MySQL database, and any changes initiated from the OpenCart admin backend, e.g. editing, deleting, or updating orders, goes straight through to the underlying database.

Something else is going wrong here. Or we need to know the whole story, otherwise nobody can help here.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by straightlight » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:05 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:02 pm
The issue is a bit confusing here. OpenCart only uses 1 MySQL database, and any changes initiated from the OpenCart admin backend, e.g. editing, deleting, or updating orders, goes straight through to the underlying database.

Something else is going wrong here. Or we need to know the whole story, otherwise nobody can help here.
Unless PDO is being used with another DB as PDO is a supported library in the core.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by AlanARG » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:06 am

straightlight wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:20 pm
What "both"? There's only one in php.

Post by AlanARG » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:07 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:02 pm

What would be "the whole story"? I don't know what else to tell you, I could give you access if you wanna test it out. I thought it was the normal way to work to not delete in the DB, to keep the data just in case. It does work for modifications, deleting is the problem.

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:13 am

What kind of database are you using? Is it a MySQL database?

Guru Member

Post by straightlight » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:23 am

AlanARG wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:06 am
straightlight wrote:
I mentioned both since you addressed on the above that you're also using PostGRE SQL . It doesn't have to be both in the same programming language to sync multiple databases in this case. Have you also looked at the server access logs in case of outputted errors regarding those transactions on the back-end?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by AlanARG » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:27 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:13 am
What kind of database are you using? Is it a MySQL database?
I guess, the config file says "MySQL".
Now that you mention this tho, I installed an extension that I think it forced me to change something related to my DB from MySQL to another one, is that possible?

Post by AlanARG » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:40 am

straightlight wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:23 am
AlanARG wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:06 am
straightlight wrote:
I mentioned both since you addressed on the above that you're also using PostGRE SQL . It doesn't have to be both in the same programming language to sync multiple databases in this case. Have you also looked at the server access logs in case of outputted errors regarding those transactions on the back-end?
The PostgreSQL was an example, we use it at my job but it has nothing to do with my OC website.

Server access logs would be the php ones?

Post by khnaz35 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:52 am

Server access logs would be the php ones?
Yes.

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia

Post by paulfeakins » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:56 am

When you delete an order in OC, perhaps it just adds a 1 to a "deleted" column or similar?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom