Post by qroft » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:34 am

Hi everyone. After some time i am back again in trying to create an opencart mobile only theme.
I know how to copy the default theme and adapt it to my wishes and activate it.
Thats how i did it many months before and got stuck at a checkout process.

But now i have these questions:
is it possible to start from Zero aka Scratch?
What i would love to do, is delete ALL HTML Tags from every template file under my theme folder and have only the specific tags. In the home.twig for example it would be removing all the bootstrap classes and have only header, content top, content bottom and column right.

WHY I ASK THIS: i played around with Prestashop and it annoyed me that some things in there were depending on element classes (like updating the cart).
I want to know if any OpenCart javascript relays/depends on HTML elements with a certain class !?

Now with the Opencart API things should work out smoother AFAIK, but i have not found some API examples that showed me the JS stuff like adding items to the cart or go through the checkout process.

And also: HOW DEPENDENT is OC from bootstrap or the current jQuery version? I would love to use my own CSS framework and the latest jQuery file.

Would be awesome to hear some infos from you people about this, as i even think about starting a Youtube tutorial series about my project so that others can learn from mail fails.

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:04 am

Far out ! ;) But likely much too far out, to ever reach an ADULT-Stage. ::) ;D
You seem to have big plans, on the other hand, you're asking questions, rather
confirming, that you don't seem to know much about OC in the first place... ;)
Sorry about just beeing honest, but your vision is just not gonna work, since
nobody will be part of such a weird sounding coding-adventure.
Nothing personal, no offense, just trying to get you back on real OC Earth. :D
Ernie

Please don't send Personal OC Forum Messages, contact: jti@jacob.ch
---
Test Site: http://www.bigmax.ch/shop/
Github OC Downloads: https://github.com/IP-CAM
2'200+ FREE OC Extensions from the World's largest Github OC Repository Archive.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by qroft » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:12 am

Well i already did many months ago but stopped as back then i found that Prestashop theme customization seemed easier - what it was not :)
I started my project today to see how far i can come.
At the moment i am stuck because my Image Manager is not working again by not showing thumbnails :(

So i am going to "convert" what i have done for the last several days with Prestashop, to Opencart.
It will be Fomantic UI + Opencart.