Post by Adrian99999 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:13 pm

I am starting an opencart 3.0.3.3 implementation for a company. They already have customers logging into other corporate systems. The customers get validated by an OAuth server. The company would like opencart to use Single Sign On. Customers will not be able to use opencart if they are not already registered. And customers will not be able to register themselves. I'm not worried about registration on the OAuth server. The company will organise that.

Whenever a customer goes to the opencart website, opencart will call the OAuth to discover if the user has already logged in via another system.

If a customer is already signed in, they will not need to provide any credentials to opencart at all. Opencart would obtain the customer's details from the OAuth server. The customer wouldn't see the login page.

If the customer hasn't already logged in, they will see the login page. When they enter their credentials, opencart will make a call to the OAuth system to validate them and once again obtain the customers details.

Is all of this possible? Is there any extension that would do it? Any thoughts and advice would be most welcome. Many thanks :)

Post by straightlight » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:16 pm

This topic has now been moved to the OpenCart 3.0 Support > General Support section of the forum.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by fegdeed » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:33 am

Get a secure, fast, and reliable web hosting service from https://turnuphosting.com.

Post by Adrian99999 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:42 pm

Many thanks for your reply. If I understand correctly, those extensions require a proprietary authorisation server. In one case, the Gluu oxd server and in the other case the OneAll server. The company where I am installing opencart already has an OAuth server (I don't know what software it uses) so I was hoping that there would be something generic that could connect to any OAuth server. Is this possible? Or am I being unreasonable? I confess that, until I started this project, I knew nothing about OAuth so it's a steep learning curve for me.

Post by fegdeed » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:07 pm

I think you should inquire from the company about which OAuth server they use and check the codes from those extensions to see if you can adapt to connect to the company OAuth server or you can inquire from extension developers to see if they can adapt their extensions to connect to the company OAuth server.

Get a secure, fast, and reliable web hosting service from https://turnuphosting.com.

Post by Ralph78 » Wed May 15, 2024 4:14 pm

That sounds like a proactive approach. Inquiring about the OAuth server used by the company is crucial for compatibility. Reviewing codes from relevant extensions for adaptation or seeking assistance from developers to modify extensions for connection to the company.s OAuth server are practical steps. Collaboration with both the company and extension developers enhances the likelihood of achieving seamless SSO integration between Joomla and your job board script. Good luck with the implementation!

Post by paulfeakins » Wed May 15, 2024 7:28 pm

Adrian99999 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:13 pm
Is all of this possible? Is there any extension that would do it? Any thoughts and advice would be most welcome. Many thanks :)
We did it years ago with LDAP, and we'd be happy to work on this part for you.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom