Post by nickjdunn » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:14 am

Hi, I am needing some help finding a solution to a problem. I am running Opencart 3.0.3.2 with Journal 3 Theme and need a way to only let users with a specific email address register accounts and everyone else is denied. I am building a company store for a business with many locations and high turn over. They want a way that any employee can go to this site and quickly login with their company email and place an order without having to wait for accounts to get approved or added to the system. If anyone can help me out or suggest a module that would be awesome!
Thanks!

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:22 am

You better place such Inquiries into the commercial Forum Section,
it's all about a commercial Theme, and a commercial Application.
Ernie

I don't use Forum Mail, to reach me, contact: jti@jacob.ch
-
Demoversion OpenCart LIGHT v.1.5.6.5
http://www.bigmax.ch/
1'500+ FREE OC Extensions - from OC v.1.5.x up,
on the world's largest OC-related Github Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
-

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by letxobnav » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:13 pm

first, this info is totally irrelevant.
I am building a company store for a business with many locations and high turn over.
and better formulate your requirement because
only let users with a specific email address register accounts
and
login with their company email and place an order without having to wait for accounts to get approved or added to the system.
are mutually exclusive.

In any event, better let their HR add the company email accounts in bulk and email out the passwords and remove register account from front-end.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Location - Taiwan

Post by thekrotek » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:06 am

Ban System extension can help you achieve this. However, you should know some regex to create a valid regular expression, which will test given email.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by letxobnav » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:58 am

• email EQUALS example@example.com is nice but all is needed is to whitelist the company domain, not block individual email addresses (good luck with that)
• firstname EQUALS John AND lastname EQUALS Doe is useless (block names, really?)
• email LIKE support OR email LIKE sales OR email LIKE admin equally useless

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”

Location - Taiwan

Post by thekrotek » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:08 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:58 am
• email EQUALS example@example.com is nice but all is needed is to whitelist the company domain, not block individual email addresses (good luck with that)
• firstname EQUALS John AND lastname EQUALS Doe is useless (block names, really?)
• email LIKE support OR email LIKE sales OR email LIKE admin equally useless
This is why I said to use regular expressions.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by letxobnav » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:24 pm

they are company email addresses, I am sure they all have xxxx@company.com so all you need is to check the domain no regex needed for that.
but as stated, they don't want users have to "wait for accounts to get approved or added to the system".
So if the users cannot be bothered with the burdon of registering, let HR pre-register users via back-end and shut down front-end registration.

Location - Taiwan