Post by Sunshop_STHLM » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:54 pm

Hi,

I have started getting a error code on the back end page where I manage Products. There are 2 ways to manage and the more simplified one works. The code I get is:
"An AJAX error accured!". The Product Page just is just idle in trying to browse the page.

Any clues out there?

Best regards
Anders

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:50 pm

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:35 pm

You have not provided any info such as:

- OpenCart version
- Extensions installed
- Any custom work you have

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:01 pm
Location - Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom

Post by Sunshop_STHLM » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:00 pm

Thanks Paul for your feedback!

We are running version 2.1.0.2
I feel quite novice regarding the other questions. Where can I see what Extensions we have installed and what kind of cutom work we have done? I can se 10 different Extension functions under the Extensions button. Custom work I assume would be manual coding?

Very greatful for your response.

Best Regards

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:50 pm

Post by OSWorX » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:47 pm

[Moved to correct Forum]

1. Installed Extensions: they could be installed in 4 ways:
1.1 as OCMod > you will find them under Modifications
1.2 as VQMod > only visible if another extra extension is installed or per FTP (check folder ../vqmod/xml)
1.3 direct (very unusual, but have seen also at some clients): developer uploaded directly to server
1.4 some .xml files in the folder ../system/ (beside the standard modification.xml)

2. Custom Work
Yes, manual coding.
And this wil lbe the "hard" part of all, because I guess if you had some developer in the past working on the shop, they made no documentation what is changed.
The only way to find out is to compare all files with the original.

You say:
There are 2 ways to manage ..
Means what?
Guess the standard way and the 2nd via an installed extension.

And what is the
more simplified ..
General: have you ever disabled all extra extensions, refreshed the cache and try to edit the product again?

Custom Development | Individuelle Entwicklung | Support & Bugfixes

Image Image Image


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:52 pm
Location - Austria

Post by Sunshop_STHLM » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:08 pm

Thank you for the reply!

Under Extensions >> Modifications I can see 3 extensions.
- Downloadble Files
- Extra Custom Product Fields
- X-Shipping Pro

I dont think we have had any cutom work done on the page. Just theme and Extentions (including a Journal witch I assume include all the content layout and parameters for the page).

Regarding "Simplified". I can manage products via 2 ways. Both are under the CATALOG. The first one "Products" and the other one is "Products (QE)". The second one has more of a back-end interface while the first is more simplified visually. The Error Code is shown only in Products (QE). However, that one is preferred to use when editing products.

Regarding the question if I have ever disabled all extra extensions, refreshed the cache and try to edit the product again? No, I havent. Would that mean that I disable the "3" Extensions. Clear cache, and then enable the Extentions again? Is there any "risk" of clearing the cache, such as saved information get lost etc.

Many thanks for the anserws. Learning as it goes :)

BR

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:50 pm

Post by OSWorX » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:47 am

Sunshop_STHLM wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:08 pm
Thank you for the reply!

Under Extensions >> Modifications I can see 3 extensions.
- Downloadble Files
- Extra Custom Product Fields
- X-Shipping Pro

I dont think we have had any cutom work done on the page. Just theme and Extentions (including a Journal witch I assume include all the content layout and parameters for the page).
You mean with Journal the theme?
Sunshop_STHLM wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:08 pm
Regarding "Simplified". I can manage products via 2 ways. Both are under the CATALOG. The first one "Products" and the other one is "Products (QE)". The second one has more of a back-end interface while the first is more simplified visually. The Error Code is shown only in Products (QE). However, that one is preferred to use when editing products.
And from where are coming these?
Do not know what "Products (QE)" should be?
Sunshop_STHLM wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:08 pm
Regarding the question if I have ever disabled all extra extensions, refreshed the cache and try to edit the product again? No, I havent. Would that mean that I disable the "3" Extensions. Clear cache, and then enable the Extentions again? Is there any "risk" of clearing the cache, such as saved information get lost etc.
No, you never will loose anything when disabling and refreshing modifications.

Doing so, following happens: the extensions (modifications) are disabled and not active anymore.
But no code, and no settings are lost or deleted!
Means, whenever you enable them again, you will have the same as before (before you disabled them).

That's the advantage of that functions and that's they are for.
But it is very important (!!) that after dis- or enabling, the cache will be refreshed!

Custom Development | Individuelle Entwicklung | Support & Bugfixes

Image Image Image


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:52 pm
Location - Austria

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:10 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:47 am
No, you never will loose anything when disabling and refreshing modifications.
Unless a very bad developer has been working directly in the modification files.

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:01 pm
Location - Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom

Post by OSWorX » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:20 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:10 pm
OSWorX wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:47 am
No, you never will loose anything when disabling and refreshing modifications.
Unless a very bad developer has been working directly in the modification files.
In such a case, this is not a "developer", instead a "bungler"

Custom Development | Individuelle Entwicklung | Support & Bugfixes

Image Image Image


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:52 pm
Location - Austria

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:26 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:20 pm
In such a case, this is not a "developer", instead a "bungler"
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: true.

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:01 pm
Location - Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom

Post by Sunshop_STHLM » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:42 pm

Hi guys,

thanks for your comments. I could find in an old email thread that this issue have happend in 2016. In that case it was some issue with the web host changing php version. This didnt solve anything in this case. I am trying to get the support from the extension provider regarding teh "AJAX error".

However, I did disable the extension (Witch is called "Extended Cutom Product Fields). I thereafter enabled again och pressed refresh. What now happend is that I cant find the extension under "Catalog" where it was before. The standard "Products" is there but not the "Product (QE)" below it.

Any idea how to get that back? When I check the Extension --> Modifications, the 3 different extensions we have are there and they are all enabled.

Many thanks!
Anders

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:50 pm

Post by OSWorX » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:09 am

Sunshop_STHLM wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:42 pm
However, I did disable the extension (Witch is called "Extended Cutom Product Fields). I thereafter enabled again och pressed refresh. What now happend is that I cant find the extension under "Catalog" where it was before. The standard "Products" is there but not the "Product (QE)" below it.
That the way the system works.
You disable the extension, refresh the cache .. and the modification(s) are gone - the original state is again valid.

Same procedere the other way: whenever you install and / or enable an extension and refresh the cache, the modification(s) are active and applied.
That is why you will see that Product QE after enabling the extension.

If you (or the extension) had problems with a newer php-version, that is easy to fix.
You want which extension back?
Maybe you contact me directly, maybe I can help you.

Custom Development | Individuelle Entwicklung | Support & Bugfixes

Image Image Image


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:52 pm
Location - Austria

Post by Sunshop_STHLM » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:01 pm

Thank you OSWorX,

Ill send you a pm if this doesnt sort out easy. But why did the extension dissapear from the dropdown menu (under Catalog)? All I did was "disable" and the "enable"+Refresh. (if not familiar the Extension is a more detailed product feature that enables more data to be added to the products etc). Both the original "Products" and the Extension feature work together i.e. if i update one of them they are both updated.

I would assume the extension is still there when I enable it again?

Best regards

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:50 pm
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: julianashcroft and 34 guests