Post by cgbmx » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:10 am

Hi!
So Im switching hosting to go daddy. My current hosting was done under a company that designed my website and takes forever to get back to me/reply.
I was able to get FTP access for godaddy. but I cannot get the Cpanel access to help move my website over. Do you have to have Cpanel access to copy and move the website over?
thank you

Post by Johnathan » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:27 pm

cPanel would be easier, because you could export the whole site and then import it at your new host. Without that, you're going to have to manually download all your files using FTP, and backup your database using the OpenCart "backup" function. Then you'll need to install a new copy of the same version of OpenCart at your new host, upload your old files, and restore the backup of your database. It's a fair amount of work, so if you could keep pestering your current host for cPanel info that would be better.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by cgbmx » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:16 pm

Johnathan wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:27 pm
cPanel would be easier, because you could export the whole site and then import it at your new host. Without that, you're going to have to manually download all your files using FTP, and backup your database using the OpenCart "backup" function. Then you'll need to install a new copy of the same version of OpenCart at your new host, upload your old files, and restore the backup of your database. It's a fair amount of work, so if you could keep pestering your current host for cPanel info that would be better.
thanks for reply!

Post by uksitebuilder » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:52 am

You could upload adminer to be able to access your database and do a full backup (including create table sql).

https://www.adminer.org/

ImageImageImageImageImage

For Friendly Professional Support - Click Here

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom