Post by Newbie1415 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:27 am

Just tried to upload an image for a new product in our store, something we've not done for a couple of months. The Image Manager pop up appears but with a 'crashed' symbol and grey screen with the message saying our server refused to connect (www.barkerandbarkertreats.co.uk) - see attachment.
My hosting company has recently closed access to a number of tcp ports that were identified as vulnerable by a PCI scan. I'm wondering if we have inadvertently closed a port that Image Manager uses, or if there could be another issue.
Can anyone offer any advice please?
Thanks.

Attachments

image_manager.jpg

Product 'Image Manager' error message - image_manager.jpg (103.16 KiB) Viewed 161 times

Post by johnp » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:08 pm

Personally I would first upgrade to 1.5.6.5 and see if the error still persists. If it does then take a deeper look.

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD 2.6.1 lover, user and geek.
Fast Service for Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
https://www.asandwhenbusinessservices.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by Newbie1415 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:06 am

Thanks for the reply johnp. I'm not keen to upgrade OC completely but I might try to re-install Image Manager just to try it (or even use the one from 1.5.6.5) - if I can work out which files to replace that is!

I just don't see why it should have stopped working all of a sudden after 6 years of successful image uploads so if anyone has come across this error and found a fix please let me know?

Post by johnp » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:17 am

I wouldn't use any 1.5 apart from 1.5.6.5 myself.

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD 2.6.1 lover, user and geek.
Fast Service for Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
https://www.asandwhenbusinessservices.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by Newbie1415 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:45 am

All resolved now - image manager is working once again :)
It was due to a change that our developer had made for another fix.
We have a theme and 6-8 modules running, some of which have been modified for us and it seems every time we try to amend something we end up affecting some other functionality. It's impossible to check every tiny detail of every function/page display or report every time there's a change and a lot of the time we don't notice faults for weeks - I was hoping to find something to auto check every page/function after a change but I'm guessing that's impossible. Just the way it is for us all I guess (and in our case it's the reason we won't upgrade OC unless we absolutely have to, as advised by many Devs - if it's secure and it works then leave it alone....).
Thanks.