Post by design@playbox.tech » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:41 am

Person I'm setting up a store for has a special item that the first time you order it, and only first time there is a special discount on ordering it.
Is there a way to get OpenCart to do this, without having to have separate records of who has ordered the item previously?

Post by Johnathan » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:55 pm

The only way I think you could do this in a standard OpenCart installation would be to use a coupon that is limited to 1 use per customer. That will require them to log in, and will track that they've used that coupon only once. If you tie it to the specific product you want to discount, then it should be close to what you're describing. It wouldn't track any previous orders, but it would work if you only want to check new orders.

If you need an automatic discount on that product, you'd need a mod like Ultimate Fee/Discount. That has a "Past Orders" rule that you can use to check a customer's past orders. You could then give an automatic discount to anyone who not purchased that product in the past. That *would* track old orders, so if you already have an order history it may not be ideal. Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator