Post by gossamerLL » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:40 am

Hi,
Opencart version 2.3.0.2.
We recently had a user submit an order with a mistake in their email address: name@domain,com with a comma instead of a period before com. Is there any way to validate the format of the email address before it is submitted?
Thanks
Linda

Post by thekrotek » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:55 am

Not in default OpenCart. If you only want to validate emails, you can create a simple modification using filter_var() PHP function. For more complex validation process you might search the Marketplace.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by cyclops12 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:11 pm

Where are they inputting their email address in an order ?
As all the register files should validate emails as far as i can see

Post by gossamerLL » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:07 am

This customer input their registration as part of the checkout.

I'm using journal2 quick checkout. Could it be their code that isn't doing the validation?

Linda

Post by straightlight » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:01 am

gossamerLL wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:07 am
This customer input their registration as part of the checkout.

I'm using journal2 quick checkout. Could it be their code that isn't doing the validation?

Linda
In catalog/controller/checkout/register.php and guest.php file, there's a validation process with the email structure that should be integrated already. If not, on more OC versions, this option is available. You can also try alternate ways to validate new emails upon registration process by downloading an extension from the Marketplace.

In addition, since you're using Journal 2. Journal version has increased to its 3rd release. See by contacting their support staff if the enquiry you are reporting about can be solved by using their extension.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Administrator

Location - Canada, ON