Post by rmichel » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:48 am

My situation is this, Right now I have special extension intergrated into my opencart 3x version for website optimatazion to get a great score and positioning on top with Google which Im almost there, but in order for me to be on top, I need to fix the rezising of over 30,000 images that I have in my website that images CHANGE new ones and updates them EVERYDAY.

Im trying to find out if there is a software (free if possible) that I can integrated into my Cpanel that can AUTOMATICALLY be able to rezise them NOT only on percentage if I choose to, but also a size that I choose too on a snap without using too much man power.

Note: In Cpanel right now there is an option integrated in the IMAGES section under THUMBNAILER, but the problem with that section that I can only rezise the percentage and not a certain size that I can choose too, and also since THUMBNAILER only has the option of choosing a folder, by default when I load my 30,000 images, they go under the Catalog section, and not under a folder, so that software that Im looking for, would need to give me an option that I can choose to resize under any directory.

Please Help.

Post by rjcalifornia » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:14 pm

rmichel wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:48 am
My situation is this, Right now I have special extension intergrated into my opencart 3x version for website optimatazion to get a great score and positioning on top with Google which Im almost there, but in order for me to be on top, I need to fix the rezising of over 30,000 images that I have in my website that images CHANGE new ones and updates them EVERYDAY.

Im trying to find out if there is a software (free if possible) that I can integrated into my Cpanel that can AUTOMATICALLY be able to rezise them NOT only on percentage if I choose to, but also a size that I choose too on a snap without using too much man power.

Note: In Cpanel right now there is an option integrated in the IMAGES section under THUMBNAILER, but the problem with that section that I can only rezise the percentage and not a certain size that I can choose too, and also since THUMBNAILER only has the option of choosing a folder, by default when I load my 30,000 images, they go under the Catalog section, and not under a folder, so that software that Im looking for, would need to give me an option that I can choose to resize under any directory.

Please Help.
There's no free software that will let you do that (for OpenCart of CPanel). You could download all the images and then use some free app to optimize the images or get a paid tool for OpenCart (There are some available for that)

Location - Worldwide

Post by letxobnav » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:02 pm

I need to fix the rezising of over 30,000 images that I have in my website that images CHANGE new ones and updates them EVERYDAY.
your product images change every day?..well I don't want to know.

OC normally resizes all your product images to various fixed dimensions as defined in the admin section.
Those resized copies are stored in the image cache folders and are automatically updated if the original is updated.
That does not mean that the browsers who already have cached your images locally will also update.

Invite me to the party when you are number one with google.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Location - Taiwan

Post by thekrotek » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:02 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:02 pm
your product images change every day?..well I don't want to know.
I think, the guy means he uploads NEW images every day and want them to be processed as well.
rmichel wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:48 am
As mentioned above, you won't find any free extension for this task. Moreover, I don't think any paid extension will fit. Your only option here is to hire someone to write you a custom script.

What bother me here, is why you even using cPanel to upload images...

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by rmichel » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:52 pm

Thanks for the people that have replied, and for the Expert User of name thekrotek that wanted to know why I use Cpanel to upload my over 30,000 images, the answer is No, I do not use Cpanel to upload, instead, I use a Third party software called Total Import Pro, which everyday my database gets syncronized with new products, new pictures, and new prices, and everything gets uploaded using Total Import Pro Software.

Since updated pictures, and new ones get uploaded everyday, its when I want to get a control on the rezising of the new pictures, and thats why I wanted to know if there was a Software that anyone knows that I can just implimented into Cpanel or my Opencart where I can just choose to rezises all picture from a push of a button to save my time and also the main goal is to get that good score in Google, since when I do a test in Gtmetrix it tells me that I need to optimize that pictures.

Post by rmichel » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:09 pm

Forgot to mention that there is a Company out there that has implemented a software to work in Cpanel for rezising BUT you have to pay a montly fee which I do NOT want, instead I want to pay a flat fee for that software. You can check out that website on https://www.buycpanel.com/12292014-how- ... -in-cpanel

So if anyones a software like we will buy it, but will do NOT want to pay a monthly fee...

Post by thekrotek » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:41 pm

In this case the easiest way is to add resizing to the syncing script. But if the number of items is too high, it won't work properly, since resizing is time and resource consuming.

Expert Member

Post by letxobnav » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:42 pm

if you automatically upload new images and insert new products with links to those images then the images will be automatically resized and cached per admin settings when they are first requested so I do not see the point.

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”

Location - Taiwan

Post by rmichel » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:28 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:41 pm
In this case the easiest way is to add resizing to the syncing script. But if the number of items is too high, it won't work properly, since resizing is time and resource consuming.
Do you do that type of custom script for a price of sncing script?

Post by victorj » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:45 am

There are many php image resizers for free.
as a example check this one.
https://github.com/gumlet/php-image-resize

install this in your public-html folder and after your import is done execute a cron to resize images.

Athough all imported images are automatically resized by opencart before they are served on your website.
if your image size is not correct, go into admin and adjust image size so they suit your template.

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Eigen productie en snelle levering.
https://123-deurrubbers.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland

Post by rmichel » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:15 am

Thanks victorj for your suggestion. I have looked at the link that you have provided of https://github.com/gumlet/php-image-resize[/url but what I didnt understand in what section of my public_html should I upload all those files since the link really doesnt have any instructions of what to do, can you advise please?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
victorj wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:45 am
There are many php image resizers for free.
as a example check this one.
https://github.com/gumlet/php-image-resize

install this in your public-html folder and after your import is done execute a cron to resize images.

Athough all imported images are automatically resized by opencart before they are served on your website.
if your image size is not correct, go into admin and adjust image size so they suit your template.

Post by letxobnav » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:28 pm

It does not matter whether you resize your images before, during or after uploading.
Before the html even leaves your server those images will be resized again to the fixed dimensions set in your admin theme settings.
the main goal is to get that good score in Google, since when I do a test in Gtmetrix it tells me that I need to optimize that pictures
Trust me, these things have no relation.

Location - Taiwan

Post by rmichel » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:43 am

Thanks for your answer, and wanted to know what do you suggest for me fix the rezising of images everyday?

letxobnav wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:28 pm
It does not matter whether you resize your images before, during or after uploading.
Before the html even leaves your server those images will be resized again to the fixed dimensions set in your admin theme settings.
the main goal is to get that good score in Google, since when I do a test in Gtmetrix it tells me that I need to optimize that pictures
Trust me, these things have no relation.

Post by thekrotek » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:52 am

rmichel wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:28 pm
Do you do that type of custom script for a price of sncing script?
I got your email, replied, but your server declined it. Short version: I think you're mixing resize (changing width and height) and optimization (decrease weight) of the images. Resizing is automatic in OpenCart, you don't need to do anything besides setting the desired height and weight in theme settings.

Expert Member

Post by victorj » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:00 am

As you stated yourself, gtmetrix advise is to "optimize" your images.
Optimizing is not the same as resizing, it means you need te compress your images so they become smaller.
this can be done by having your images lossless compressed, meaning you reduce the file size, but image quality stays the same.

Just to explain, opencart does not show the images you uploaded, but generates multiple images all in specific size to suit image dimensions for your template, and places these images in catalog/cache or image/cache.
all images shown in your shop are in the cache folder.
I believe about 5 different sized images are generated.
lossless compression puts a lot off stress on your server processor wise.

the best cheapest and fasted way to implement this to your website is installing nitro pack it will do it all and give great gtmetrix score
https://isenselabs.com/products/view/ni ... -framework

Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.

Expert Member

Post by thekrotek » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:15 am

victorj wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:00 am
the best cheapest and fasted way to implement this to your website is installing nitro pack it will do it all and give great gtmetrix score
It will also mess with the system and greatly increase the chance to get yourself a compatibility issues with another extensions. I personally wouldn't recommend this extension.

Expert Member

Post by victorj » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:43 am

I do not totally agree with you, any added extension can cause a confict with existing extensions.
it just adds a extra caching and you can decide wich elements you want to cache to speed up your website.
when used on cpanel hosting as the op is it is fully compatible.
in addition it will compress your images on the fly, you can optimze css and java script. so for many non technical users it provieds a great solution to speed up a website and also get great scores in gtmetrix.
also the makes are very good and fast in solving any problem with their extension.

i do agree, i also prefer to optimze a site by optimzing oc itself and when done right you get great scores as well.

Expert Member

Post by thekrotek » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:49 am

victorj wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:43 am
I do not totally agree with you, any added extension can cause a confict with existing extensions.
I served quite a lot of stores and there're 3 most troublesome extensions: NitroPack, Lighning Cache and Journal theme. And it's far beyond "any added extension can cause a conflict" notion.

Expert Member

Post by rmichel » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:58 am

I have tried Nitropack for about 3 months and had been installed on my server, worked great for a bit, but had a mayor problem that slowed down my website instead of making it faster. Nitropack Support is great, they fix the slowness problem fast, but just a day or 2 later, the problem became worst, then they will fix it again, and again will go back to going slow, so I ended Un-installing it for that reason because it would take too support time to get those issues fix all of the time.

victorj wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:43 am
it just adds a extra caching and you can decide wich elements you want to cache to speed up your website.
when used on cpanel hosting as the op is it is fully compatible.
in addition it will compress your images on the fly, you can optimze css and java script. so for many non technical users it provieds a great solution to speed up a website and also get great scores in gtmetrix.
also the makes are very good and fast in solving any problem with their extension.

i do agree, i also prefer to optimze a site by optimzing oc itself and when done right you get great scores as well.

Post by letxobnav » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:10 am

If I need to refresh a huge amount of images in the cache because I change dimensions for some reason or the image quality setting and therefore delete the entire image cache or parts of it, I simply run a local spider on my site. That will trigger all pages and therefore all image generations as well as all other caches.
The site will take a hit for a few minutes while it is doing that but it is very easy.

Location - Taiwan