Post by christajmartin876 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:46 am

Hi,
My store is running on OC 1.5.6.1 but the old server is dead and I already got a new hosting. I have all the backup files and database. Can anyone suggest a good solution to upgrade my store from OC 1.5.6.1 to 2.3 or 3.0?
Thanks in advance!

Post by johnp » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:04 pm

Hi. There are loads of forum posts on upgrading. Have a search through. Take it step by step and have loads of coffee nearby. :-)

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD 2.6.1 lover, user and geek.
Fast and Affordable Service for Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
https://www.asandwhenbusinessservices.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by wrick0 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:19 pm

I would do it this way;

Install local webserver on your computer
Reinstall your opencart 1 webshop backup to the local webserver
Install Export/Import Tool for opencart on the local webserver https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... sion_id=17
Export the data to excel file

On your new opencart 3 webshop install Export/Import Tool for opencart
Import the data

PROFIT

Post by straightlight » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:04 pm

wrick0 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:19 pm
I would do it this way;

Install Export/Import Tool for opencart on the local webserver https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... sion_id=17

Import the data

PROFIT
By doing that, this excludes the fact that mySQL extension library has been deprecated versus the insistence of mySQLi extension library. OC v1.5x, default, still uses the mySQL extension library which is no longer available (server-based).

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Administrator

Location - Canada, ON

Post by cedcommerceteam » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:24 pm

christajmartin876 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:46 am
Hi,
My store is running on OC 1.5.6.1 but the old server is dead and I already got a new hosting. I have all the backup files and database. Can anyone suggest a good solution to upgrade my store from OC 1.5.6.1 to 2.3 or 3.0?
Thanks in advance!
Hello,
We can provide you with the up-gradation of Opencart 1.5.6.1 to 3.0 or 2.3 . Along with this we offer 3 months support.
You can contact us on skype : carlmorgan.cedcommerce
Or visit us at :Opecart Services.
Thanks & Regards

Call us at : (+91) -8765210318 , Skype: live:carlmorgan.cedcommerce , Email: support@cedcommerce.com
CedCommerece : Officail Opencart Partners
Opencart Services : www.cedcommerce/opencart-services.com
Sell On various Marketplace Integration : Opencart-Extensions

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:55 pm

wrick0 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:19 pm
I would do it this way;

Import the data

PROFIT
See also this on how to use the Export/Import tool for OpenCart upgrades.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig

Expert Member

Post by martin171090 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:16 pm

I will recommend you to choose our OpenCart to OpenCart migration service. We have many OpenCart experts who will take care of your migration from A to Z, fix all possible issues during the migration until you satisfied with the result. Everything will be done with the cheapest price.

Next-Cart Top 1 Shopping Cart Migration Service

Looking for a solution to migrate your store to OpenCart or upgrade your OpenCart store to a newer version:
OpenCart to OpenCart Migration Service
OpenCart upgrade Service

Post by johnp » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:11 am

I would give it a try myself before speding my hard earned money. Set up your original site on your new host, take a fresh backup and give upgrading to 1.5.6.5 a go. Try with only default modules installed and use the default OC theme. You can't really lose by trying and you will learn a lot during the process. :)

Fast and Affordable Service for Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by litextension » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:11 pm

christajmartin876 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:46 am
Hi,
Thanks in advance!
Hi Chris,

There are 2 solutions to your problem:
First, you can install OpenCart 1.5 files and database on a temporary server and then migrate those data to OpenCart 3.0 using a migration tool.
Second, if you are not confident about your technical skills, you can hire professional developers to do the task from top to bottom for you.

At LitExtension, we provide both services: a tool which you can use to migrate data from OC 1.5 to 3.0 with only 3 simple steps and support from our agents (from 59$); and all-in-one service in which our data migration experts will take care your data migration process from the beginning to the end, including all potential matters possibly arising in your migration process (from $119).

For further information, please visit us at: http://bit.ly/2YlL6ey, our support agents are available via live chat 24 hours per day.

We look forward to serving you !

Yours sincerely,

LitExtension Team

LitExtension - automated migration to OpenCart

Post by johnp » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:40 am

I would agree professional support is worth considering. Especially if your in the business of selling online and not learning the technical aspects of Opencart. If you have sales coming it you may be better forking out a few pounds/dollars/euros and swiftly getting your site upgraded with as little site downtime as possible. In my experience it doesn't take long for your customers to go elsewhere. Do your cost benefit analysis and see how much it may actually cost you to play around with a site for a week and get nowhere.

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by christajmartin876 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:16 am

Hello everyone,
Thanks so much for all of your recommendations, I spent a week to find out the best way to solve the problem. As I'm not a tech guru and don't want to spend my whole time for this, after thorough review, I decided to go with LitExtension team ahead (been searching about them for days before their comment showed up). They guarantee no downtime for my current store and 30-day money back, which I highly evaluate.
I will comeback after the migration has finished and gonna leave some reviews about the service.
Once again, thank you all!