Post by daugus » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:25 pm

Hi fellow OC users 8)

I'm looking for an extension that would add an Add To Cart button to each of the product options on product page. Meaning if I assigned 10 options to product it should also have 10 Add To Cart buttons. The main Add To Cart button for the product is hidden/removed.

I have been looking in the marketplace for quite a while now and have found no similar extension. Is this really such a unique case or am I just using the wrong search words? I'm checking all the "Advanced/Related/Improved... Product Options" type extensions.

If you know of something similar, please let me know :-*

P.S. I'm looking for OC 2.x or 3.x support

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:23 am

Would not function by use of Options for that, but some Mods exist,
to combine different Products on one Page to order.
Ernie
viewtopic.php?f=187&t=171489&p=650447#p650447

I am no longer active at the OC Forum, to reach me, contact: jti@jacob.ch
My latest free Opencart LIGHT 1.5.6.5 Source is available on demand: http://www.opencart.li/dark/
900+ FREE OC Extension-Repositories - from OC v.1.5.x up, on the
world's largest OC-related Github Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by daugus » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:09 am

Hello Ernie, thanks for sharing that list!

I actually found one such extension and so far I think it will satisfy my needs with some customizations: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... ing&page=6

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:58 pm

daugus wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:25 pm
I'm looking for an extension that would add an Add To Cart button to each of the product options on product page. Meaning if I assigned 10 options to product it should also have 10 Add To Cart buttons. The main Add To Cart button for the product is hidden/removed.
I guess you know this would only work if you only have one type of option i.e. size OR colour but not both?

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom

Post by daugus » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:24 pm

Yes, I only need different weights as options. Thanks for bringing up your concerns though!

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:44 pm

daugus wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:24 pm
Yes, I only need different weights as options. Thanks for bringing up your concerns though!
No problem, I thought I'd point it out before you go too far.

I think a piece of JavaScript on a button that selects the relevant option and then calls the add to cart method should do the trick.

As usual, if there are no extensions that do it and you aren't confident doing it yourself, you should post in Commercial Support.

Expert Member

Post by daugus » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:59 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:44 pm
No problem, I thought I'd point it out before you go too far.

I think a piece of JavaScript on a button that selects the relevant option and then calls the add to cart method should do the trick.

As usual, if there are no extensions that do it and you aren't confident doing it yourself, you should post in Commercial Support.
Yes, the JavaScript solution is definitely a backup plan. I like that the extension also offers some additional features such as individual option stock status, additional prefixes for price input (=, +%, -%) and so forth.

Hey, I'm not familiar with the Commercial Support, can you paste me a link to that section please.

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:01 pm

daugus wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:59 pm
Hey, I'm not familiar with the Commercial Support, can you paste me a link to that section please.
Sure, you can post jobs here and ask for quotes:
viewforum.php?f=88

Expert Member