Post by daugus » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:15 pm

Hi fellow OC users 8)

I'm looking for an extension that would add an Add To Cart button to each of the product options on product page. Meaning if I assigned 10 options to product it should also have 10 Add To Cart buttons. The main Add To Cart button for the product is hidden/removed.

I have been looking in the marketplace for quite a while now and have found no similar extension. Is this really such a unique case or am I just using the wrong search words? I'm checking all the "Advanced/Related/Improved... Product Options" type extensions.

If you know of something similar, please let me know :-*

P.S. I'm looking for OC 2.x or 3.x support

Post by thekrotek » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:46 am

And there won't be such extensions on OC market due to overall design of product options. I personally don't understand, why you want to overload your UI with a dozen Add to Cart buttons. It will only confuse your customers for they used to different behavior.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by daugus » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:04 am

1. The options will be hidden until opened in a modal window. The standard" Add To Cart" button will be replaced with an action button and renamed to "Pick your weight" or something similar.
2. Because there will be many options it will be actually easier and clearer for users to have Add To Cart buttons next to options. The buttons will be a neutral color and probably a cart icon only.
3. The use case requires a different aproach. Many of the big competitors also use similar behavior.

I actually found one such extension and so far I think it will satisfy my needs with some customizations: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... ing&page=6

P.S. The shop will be selling steaks and each will likely be of different weight as they are not robotically cut (cut by hand). I believe in this case this will be a good and functional solution.

P.P.S I bought an extension from your site a while ago. Had a flashback after seeing your name. :)

Post by thekrotek » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:45 am

Well, if you're going to hide Add to Cart button until some option is selected or simply replace it with Eat Your Stake button, this is good. Yet extension you found adds a bunch of Add to Cart buttons, so I'm not sure this is what you really need..

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member