Post by F1sh3r » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:36 pm

Hi all,
I have encountered a problem, I have noticed that customers are using a coupon code and then asking for premium delivery and getting it for free.
I offer free shipping on all products and I noticed that if i turn the free shipping option off at the coupon it will not allow for any delivery service so I left it with the free option ticked. This works up until they ask for a premium (next day) service which the coupon takes percentage off the value of the order and wipes the need of payment away for next day delivery. Is there a way round this where I can run both the coupon, a free delivery service and a premium service, as I am loosing out on £6 a time ???

Post by Johnathan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:13 pm

That's how Free Shipping coupons work in OpenCart. If that doesn't work for you, you'll either need to (1) make the coupon a flat discount instead of a Free Shipping coupon, using the average shipping cost as the discount, or (2) use an extension like Super Coupons that can give Free Shipping only when selecting certain shipping methods. That can make it so that the free shipping discount will only be given if the customer chooses a particular shipping method (otherwise they will not get the discount).

If you'd prefer to show a $0.00 cost shipping option when a coupon is entered, Ultimate Shipping can do that. That way customers have to *choose* the shipping option in order to get the free shipping. You can use the normal coupon system with that, just make it a coupon with no discount at all, and then my extension can show its rate whenever that code is entered.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator