Post by rhili@shanelty.com » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:24 pm

Dear All

I have a problem setting up notification email (orders and register) Basically when I set the mail settings in opencart 3.0.3.1 to mail, the order is received but no mails are being sent either to us nor to the customer. I have searched all the options here on this forum but to no success. I changed the mail settings to smtp and tested with both tls:// & port 587 settings and also with ssl:// & port 465 and its giving the error below. It like something is blocking access to google mail account. Anyone can help on this error please ?

Internal Server Error
<b>Warning<b/>:fsockopen():unable to connect to smtp.gmail.com:587(Connection refused)in <b>/home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/system/library/mail/smtp.php</b> on line <b>87</b>

Post by rhili@shanelty.com » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:16 pm

one interesting thing i managed to test by changing smtp to mail with ssl:// and port 465. The client is receiving the order email. If I add a yahoo email in the additional alert mail, will be received. But anything send to our address like sales@mydomain.com will not be received..... Any gurus give ma a reason why?

I also discovered that the problem is with all gmail accounts since also when i try to reset password of a gmail account the mail is not received and when i tested it with a yahoo account the mail was received.... Any help from any gurus?

Post by D3MO » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:45 pm

Have you checked smap folder? as i do use google smtp on my dev server with no problems with gmail emails:
PS if you use google smtp make sure your store admin is google account that is you cant use (at least it doesnt work for me) using name@yourdomai.com as main admin email
but if i do use owner gmail account (that is sender of emails) so all ok

Attachments

mail.png

image - mail.png (17.79 KiB) Viewed 2891 times

Opencart Expert | voldemaras@gmail.com
Skype - programanija | Gtalk - voldemaras@gmail.com
Extensions for Opencart @ https://www.opencartextensions.eu / or Opencart Marketplace

Need Custom Module? debug third party module or simply have any question related to Opencart? feel free to contact directly for a live chat session:) - INSTANT LIVE CHAT

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:10 pm

rhili@shanelty.com wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:24 pm
It like something is blocking access to google mail account. Anyone can help on this error please ?
It's a nightmare connecting and sending from a Google Email account, you may need to go in to your settings in Google and specifically allow your "application" to send.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by rhili@shanelty.com » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:57 pm

But the email is being sent ... and i am still struggling to sort this problem. Now I have created a new test account in google and I added the new google account in the additional alert mail .... and i am receiving alerts on this account but on our company accounts (google accounts) i am not receiving any alerts. Any one has a solution cause i am now lost. I can only think that our domain is somehow blacklisted or blocked

Post by ventienda » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:21 am

I have a similar issue. I dont receive the alerts email from the main e-mail. Only I receive them from the "Aditional emails". The new register customers receive the store´s emails normally but I dont notice until I see my control panel.

Location - Venezuela