Post by gamora77 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:38 pm

Opencart 2.1.0.2

My main website (made in Joomla) has a custom login for a user with username/password. When clicking on 'buy' from the front page I would like OpenCart to open with this username/pass already 'logged in' to OpenCart. How can I achieve this? I need to pass-on this username when making a purchase (this I have already solved with a custom_field).

I'm thinking I'm probably not the first one with this issue. Can someone point me in the direction to go? I can code but not particularly familiar with OpenCart.

Xvideos Xnxx Chaturbate

Post by straightlight » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:36 pm

Auto-login is not recommended. Better to use an API for these transactions since password algorithms are handled differently between frameworks on anyhow as auto-login can opened unexpected doors through the browser when using cross-websites. Opencart 2.3.0.2 and above does support the use of API with backward compatibility tokens.

Followed is an example with outside logins on how to use local APIs with Opencart: viewtopic.php?f=202&t=203512&p=720446#p720446

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

F. Rules:

- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200804

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON