Post by TheJD » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:50 pm

wanted to know what mods and addons you would instantly start to install on a cart if you were to start a new/fresh install of opencart. current version 3.0.2.0 of course.

looking for mods in the marketplace or outside of it. please give details also, not interested in just seeing links to mods. would like to know why you would use that mod, unless it is pretty much self explanatory.

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:05 am

Well, interested or not, you hopefully better don't expect others, to do the Work
for you, just to keep you from wasting costly time, to find out about on yourselfs. :)
OC is not just another Piece of Software, but a moneymaker tool, and where money
part of a Game, shared Wisdom is not very popular among potential Competitors. :(
But take it, as it comes, it's not meant personally, but just a reply, so you don't feel
just ignored.
But if you use v.3.0.2.x, better switch to this one linked below, since this Version at
least has a good part of found 3.0.2.x misses already fixed.
viewtopic.php?f=202&t=208762
Good Luck!
Ernie

For Sale: Top URL's, including an OpenCart V-Pro Shop!
A wide range of matching Designs can be seen here: http://www.opencart.li
For Information on URL's offered, please contact me at: jti@jacob.ch
Hundreds of Mods in 380+ Repositories for OC v.1.5.x - v.2.3.x
to be found on my Github Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by TheJD » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:04 am

IP_CAM wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:05 am
Well, interested or not, you hopefully better don't expect others, to do the Work
for you, just to keep you from wasting costly time, to find out about on yourselfs. :)
OC is not just another Piece of Software, but a moneymaker tool, and where money
part of a Game, shared Wisdom is not very popular among potential Competitors. :(
But take it, as it comes, it's not meant personally, but just a reply, so you don't feel
just ignored.
But if you use v.3.0.2.x, better switch to this one linked below, since this Version at
least has a good part of found 3.0.2.x misses already fixed.
viewtopic.php?f=202&t=208762
Good Luck!
Ernie
hah i have no idea what you just said...i dont want anyone to do the work for me, if that is what i wanted, i would just buy into shopify or one of the other ecom solutions.

i just want to know what mods/addons, either paid for or free, would someone start adding to their store if they were to start fresh. one thing i won't really do is download a non official patched version, so that link won't work for me. although i can apply patches for bugs myself, not a problem.

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:25 pm

Well, the only problem is, that NO official patched Versions exist, meaning, that one
has to get all the fixes, and so wasting a lot of time, to find them first on Github, if one
cares to get something like a v.3.0.2.x or v.2.3.0.2 Version. OpenCart does not patch
Versions, they change Version Numbers, after a certain amount of work has been done
on an existing Version, and then, just forget, what existed before.
But nobody is going to tell you, what works best, in some 'extended' way, because this
would take a lot of time, and time is worth money, for most everybody around here.
It's just the way it works, accept it or not, with a Software, only designed, to create Money.
Ernie

For Sale: Top URL's, including an OpenCart V-Pro Shop!
A wide range of matching Designs can be seen here: http://www.opencart.li
For Information on URL's offered, please contact me at: jti@jacob.ch
Hundreds of Mods in 380+ Repositories for OC v.1.5.x - v.2.3.x
to be found on my Github Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by TheJD » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:10 am

IP_CAM wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:25 pm
Well, the only problem is, that NO official patched Versions exist, meaning, that one
has to get all the fixes, and so wasting a lot of time, to find them first on Github, if one
cares to get something like a v.3.0.2.x or v.2.3.0.2 Version. OpenCart does not patch
Versions, they change Version Numbers, after a certain amount of work has been done
on an existing Version, and then, just forget, what existed before.
But nobody is going to tell you, what works best, in some 'extended' way, because this
would take a lot of time, and time is worth money, for most everybody around here.
It's just the way it works, accept it or not, with a Software, only designed, to create Money.
Ernie
ok thanks for your input. do you have any mods/addons you like to work with that are available on the marketplace you would like to share info on? im all ears