Post by motion2082 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:04 pm

Hey guys,

Using SMTP to send mail via Google Gsuite account.

The order goes through fine and email is working but it hangs on the checkout for 10 seconds after a customer places an order.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Regards,
Motion :crazy:

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue May 12, 2015 8:48 pm

Post by OSWorX » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:22 pm

1. Which OpenCart version you are using exactly?
2. Have you installed any additional extensions (which might produce this delay)?
3. Maybe your server is holding back the output - have you checked this (who is your provider)?
4. Does it work without delay when you are using the php-mail protocol?

Forum Rules [en]: viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
Forumregeln [de]: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=114208
Commercial Request: viewforum.php?f=88

Image


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:52 pm
Location - Austria

Post by thekrotek » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:19 pm

Such issues don't have generic solution and the only way is to look for the root of the issue right on your server.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:24 am


Post by motion2082 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:33 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:22 pm
1. Which OpenCart version you are using exactly?
2. Have you installed any additional extensions (which might produce this delay)?
3. Maybe your server is holding back the output - have you checked this (who is your provider)?
4. Does it work without delay when you are using the php-mail protocol?
1. OpenCart 2.3.0.2
2. No
3. VentraIP - https://ventraip.com.au/
4. Doesn't work at all when using the mail protocol

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue May 12, 2015 8:48 pm

Post by motion2082 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:44 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:19 pm
Such issues don't have generic solution and the only way is to look for the root of the issue right on your server.
Could you be a little more specific as to what and where on the server?

Error Logs are empty, VQMODs errors are nil and OCMODs are fine as well

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue May 12, 2015 8:48 pm

Post by motion2082 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:51 pm

Ok managed to figure this one out sort of

The store is a Multistore.

Mail works for
Store 1

but not for
Store 2
Only way to get that to work is to use SMTP which causes the delay

So fixed with adding

1. https://github.com/pekka2/OpenCart-Migr ... .ocmod.xml
2. http://www.opencart-templates.co.uk/mul ... l-settings

Setting it back to MAIL > Works Perfectly

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue May 12, 2015 8:48 pm

Post by OSWorX » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:09 am

motion2082 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:51 pm
Ok managed to figure this one out sort of

The store is a Multistore.
It is always (!!!) the same: seems that nobody is reading the forum rules and what to post:
viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480&p=707152#p707152

Forum Rules [en]: viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
Forumregeln [de]: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=114208
Commercial Request: viewforum.php?f=88

Image


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:52 pm
Location - Austria

Post by motion2082 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:57 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:09 am
motion2082 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:51 pm
Ok managed to figure this one out sort of

The store is a Multistore.
It is always (!!!) the same: seems that nobody is reading the forum rules and what to post:
viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480&p=707152#p707152
Unfortunately most people don't read these days and nobody likes rules but rules are rules. If the rules where easily accessible on the posted thread and available as a popup they may be read more often

Added [SOLVED] to the thread as I found the answer which may help someone else too

PS: It's ok to vent... https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 23/394.jpg

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue May 12, 2015 8:48 pm
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mike Guenther and 81 guests