Post by Johnathan » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:50 am

Current Version: v302.1 (release notes)

OpenCart Versions: 3.0.2.0

To Purchase: Visit OpenCartX or opencart.com

This ocMod extension fixes known bugs in a default OpenCart 3.0.2.0 installation. More bugs will be included in the fixes as they are discovered and reported. If you find a bug that occurs in a standard installation and it is not covered by this extension, please report the bug to Clear Thinking at http://www.getclearthinking.com/contact

Note: Bugs caused by extensions are not covered by this ocMod, and will not be diagnosed or fixed as part of the extension support. The bug must be reproduceable on a default 3.0.2.0 installation to qualify for support.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Current Admin Panel Bugs Fixed:

• Fixed certain characters not working in a password
• Fixed statistics not updating
• Fixed customer approval login link
• Fixed affiliate e-mail bugs
• Fixed customer front-end login link
• Fixed option weight bug
• Fixed store location bug
• Fixed dashboard chart width bug
• Fixed order editor bugs
• Fixed bug when clicking "Reset" in the Products Viewed report
• Fixed "Undefined index: recurring_id" bug
• Fixed admins from being able to disable themselves if there's only one enabled admin user

Current Front-End Bugs Fixed:

• Fixed incorrect text on account pages
• Fixed incorrect text on product pages
• Fixed Date/Time custom fields not showing up
• Fixed incorrect heading on cart page
• Fixed missing Success message on contact success page
• Fixed missing options on order alert mail

Current Extension Bugs Fixed:

• eWay
• FraudLabs Pro
• Free Checkout
• PayPal Braintree
• PayPal Express
• PayPal Standard
• UPS
• Worldpay

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:35 pm

Wouldn't it make sense to post them on github? Or make them available for free?

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Multilingual SEO * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig

Expert Member

Post by Johnathan » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:47 pm

Usually, yes. But the 3.0.2.0 situation has gotten ridiculous --- many of these are FROM github, and most of those fixes were within a few months of release. Instead, here we are 16 months after release with no 3.0.2.1, even though that was possible over a year old. The OpenCart team could have (and should have) released a bugfixed version a long time ago.

I considered compiling and doing this for free, but it's taken me a significant amount of time to keep track of and compile these, and I know what offering free extensions is like: I'm already anticipating hours of support requests, having to look into people's installations, wasting time looking at bugs that are caused by extensions, and figuring out fixes for new bugs as time goes on. Unfortunately, I can't offer that much of my time for free, which is why I'm charging for this. I give excellent support for all my extensions, and didn't want to have to ignore support requests for this particular one (which I'd have to do if it generated no revenue).

Hopefully, this is the only time I'll have to do this for an official OpenCart release, and the dev team will actually handle it properly in the future.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator