Post by madnlooney » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:00 am

When an order status is changed and customer notifyed it seems when a web address is put in the comments it changes the ampersand from & to &amp in the email sent to customer. Is there a way to stop this happening?
Using Version 3.0.2.0

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:40 pm

Post by rjcalifornia » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:22 pm

madnlooney wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:00 am
When an order status is changed and customer notifyed it seems when a web address is put in the comments it changes the ampersand from & to &amp in the email sent to customer. Is there a way to stop this happening?
Using Version 3.0.2.0
The most common reason I've seen for what you're describing is double encoding. Opencart is escaping the "&" symbol

Image


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:19 pm
Location - Worldwide

Post by madnlooney » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:16 pm

So i add a url into the comments of the add order history and it sends a notify email to the customer but the url gets changed and it encodes it with &amp

im sure this was a problem before but it could be changed.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:40 pm

Post by rjcalifornia » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:56 pm

madnlooney wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:16 pm
So i add a url into the comments of the add order history and it sends a notify email to the customer but the url gets changed and it encodes it with &amp

im sure this was a problem before but it could be changed.
I remember seeing this some time ago as a bug report, but I don't know if it has been fixed yet.

Image


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:19 pm
Location - Worldwide

Post by madnlooney » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:28 pm

i had a search but can see if anyone had fixed it. someone else must of run into this problem too

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:40 pm
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests