Post by martivaugh » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:46 pm

I don't know how I would set up my "Services offered" in OC since OC is all about categories that have Products. My services really don't have products. Services include: screen printing, embroidery, graphic design, digital gifts, etc.
Any help is appreciated.

Post by Qphoria » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:39 pm

Well a service is a product
Category: Our Services
- Product 1: Screen Printing
- Product 2: embroidery
- Product 3: graphic design

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by straightlight » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:54 am

That would be incorrect. A service, in this case, would be a defined class that contains an infinity of subsets.
one of a possibly exhaustive set of classes among which all things might be distributed.
Source: Google.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com contractor officials representative

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by martivaugh » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:13 am

Thank you both for your replies. I really appreciate the help!

Post by Qphoria » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:08 am

straightlight wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:54 am
That would be incorrect. A service, in this case, would be a defined class that contains an infinity of subsets.
one of a possibly exhaustive set of classes among which all things might be distributed.
Source: Google.
::)
Thou doth pontificate too much me thinks.
As far as opencart is concerned, a service is listed as a product, the type of service is the category.
If you want infinite subsets, then leave a free form textbox and use a "quote me" mod or use options.

Administrator

Post by straightlight » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:25 pm

Then that logic would be flaw since a category is not a product. If a category would be a product, the category ID would be invoked along with the product ID when a customer adds a product to the cart and even identified in the order. The Opencart core installation does not provide this functionality, so far. If a category can be a product before the product is added to the cart without the category ID, then the logic has been contradicted since a product on the shelf is about making the sale with the objective on completing as many orders within the same year.

Besides, if a category would be a product, OC would already provides its functionality from the admin - > catalog - > categories page in order to define a category as a product out-of-the-box in the first place which, even on this day, does not provide the functionality.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Qphoria » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:42 am

It's a good thing I never said anything about a category being a product

Administrator

Post by straightlight » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:13 am

It would seem you were referring to this analogy:
Service as a product (SaaP)
Although, while this is indeed the case, it should of had been clarified with your explanation to avoid the confusion. In addition to these terms, a service is not a product. It can be considered a product as per the as a mentions in the quote but is not distinct to a product directly.

In the database programming world, it means that an equal (=) is not identical to the LIKE statement which is obviously true.

That being said, a service is not a product. It is considered a reference to a product, according to SaaP.

Quote from Google:
Equity and Equality Are Not Equal. There is a common misconception that equity and equality mean the same thing — and that they can be used interchangeably, especially when talking about education. But the truth is they do not — and cannot. Yes, the two words are similar, but the difference between them is crucial.
Also known as: ascertain definition.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON