Post by Mikah » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:19 am

Hello, I'm having some problems with this issue, I've already read some forum posts explaining how to hide prize when it equals zero but for some reason is not working for me. I'm using Opencart 2.0.3.1 with the custom theme Blackdiamond, which I've modified succesfully in the past with no issues or problems.

I understand that, in order to hide price when zero, or even get rid of the price line entirely, you have to modify the product file nested inside the theme:
catalog/view/theme/blackdiamond/template/product/product.tpl

It turns out that making modifications to this file does not affects in any way or form the front end, it doesn't even matter if I delete the contents of the file and leave it blank, the website continues showing the product as if nothing happened.

What I'm doing wrong? Is this the correct file to modify? Are there other files that need to be modified? I don't care if the solution is hiding the product price when zero or just hiding it altogether, my final goal is to hide the price of the products.

Thank you for your time.

Post by thekrotek » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:08 am

First of all, if depends on your template structure. Some templates have additional template files, where they store generic info like header, breadcrumbs, product thumb etc.

Next, if you don't see any changes and you do them directly in original file, then most likely this particular file is already modified by come VQMod/ So you need to either modify modified version (which is plain stupid, of course) or modify original one and then refresh the VQMod cache.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Post by GoGo OpenCart » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:37 am

I have a module for what you need:

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... on_id=4067

I can modify it to work the way you want, i.e. to hide the 0 prices ;)

If you have any questions, feel free to write me a PM.

See all my extensions: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... 20OpenCart