Post by supak111 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:57 am

Hey everyone I've looked through pages and pages of different modules but I can't seem to find anyone that made anything like that. People have many SHOW DISCOUNT IN CART models but they are bases on, customer groups, sale $ total...

I just need to to show how much of a discount a customer receive from purchasing any product with SPECIALS PRICE and from purchasing anything that has a QUANTITY DISCOUNT.

Is there such a module or maybe custom code that I can add to my site via ocmod or vqmod? I'm on OC 2.0.1.1

I just wont to see the cart say something like this:

PRODUCT IN THE CART HERE
Subtotal $1000
Specials discount -$100
Quantity discount -$50
TOTAL: $850

Post by Johnathan » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:13 pm

To show a line item on the order, you need an Order Total extension. For products-specific discounts, you'd need something like Category & Product-Based Fee/Discount.

However, Order Totals don't show up in the Special price in OpenCart, so you'd need to also use a modification like Display Specials With Discounts to factor in the discount into the Special price. That would then display the line item within the Special price, but when added to the cart, the discount would show up as the line item as usual.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions. If those two extensions aren't within your budget, I haven't seen anything else that can do what you're looking for for free, but maybe someone else will have a suggestion.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by supak111 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:59 am

Extension doesn't have to be free, I just don't want to set discount in the new extension. I want to keep setting discounts through OC, in specials, and quantity. The extension just needs to ADD UP all those discounts that are already there and display them in the cart.

Post by davecook80 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:14 am

Did anyone have a solution for this? I too am after an extension to show the amount (difference between old and new price) saved from product default "QTY discounts" and "special prices".

Location - Australia

Post by opencartmart » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:24 pm

Check this module https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=35897 it will let you display special prices and discount on the total section. Also it allows to add discount/special price in quicker way.

XForm - Opencart Form Builder

Xshippingpro - An advanced Shipping Module