catalog\view\theme\default\template\module\special.tpl
catalog\view\theme\default\template\payment\worldpay_failure.tpl
catalog\view\theme\default\template\payment\worldpay_success.tpl
catalog\view\theme\default\template\product\category.tpl
catalog\view\theme\default\template\product\manufacturer.tpl
catalog\view\theme\default\template\product\product.tpl
catalog\view\theme\default\template\product\search.tpl
catalog\view\theme\default\template\product\special.tpl
Most themes, if created properly with fallback, should only have to worry about updating
catalog\view\theme\default\template\common\header.tpl

And if there are some product or home layout changes, you might need to update:
catalog\view\theme\default\template\common\home.tpl
catalog\view\theme\default\template\product\product.tpl

The rest are rarely changed between themes and you should have no problems with those being transparent.

The only changes to the stylesheet were mostly additions at the bottom and a few minor changes to different sections.

1. CHANGE:

Code: Select all

#content .middle {
	border-left: 1px solid #DDDDDD;
	border-right: 1px solid #DDDDDD;
	background: #FFFFFF;
	padding: 10px 10px 1px 10px;
	min-height: 380px;
}
TO:

#content .middle {
	border-left: 1px solid #DDDDDD;
	border-right: 1px solid #DDDDDD;
	background: #FFFFFF;
	padding: 10px 10px 1px 10px;
	min-height: 30px;
}

2. CHANGE:

#content .bottom .center {
	background: url('../image/content_bottom_center.png') repeat-x;
	height: 5px;
	margin-left: 5px;
	margin-right: 5px;
}
TO:

#content .bottom .center {
	background: url('../image/content_bottom_center.png') repeat-x;
	height: 5px;
	margin: 0 5px 10px 5px;
}
3. ADD TO THE BOTTOM:

.tags, .tags a {
	font-style: italic;
	font-size: x-small;
}
#module_cart .middle {
	padding: 5px;
}
.cart_module_total {
	padding: 0 3px 0 3px;
	font-size: 0.9em; 
	color: #222;
}
.cart_remove {
	margin-top: 3px;
	background: url('../image/list_remove_btn.gif') no-repeat left center transparent;
	padding-right:10px;
	cursor:pointer;
}
.cart_remove_loading {
	background: url('../image/ajax_load.gif') no-repeat transparent;
	padding-right:10px;
}
.button_add_small, a.button_add_small:visited {
	background: url('../image/button_add_small.png') no-repeat left center transparent;
	padding:5px;
	text-decoration: none;
	cursor:pointer;
}
#content .middle .box {
	float: left;
	margin: 0 6px 10px 6px;
	min-height: 0px;
}
#content .middle .box .middle {
	width: 158px;
	min-height: 0px;
}
That is all that was changed from 1.4.7 to 1.4.8

Administrator

Post by boysnow911 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:08 pm

i done

Post by 247TopDeals » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:50 pm

To be honest, reading this makes it sound so easy but I'm afraid I'll fuck it up somehow.

Gerrit :-\

The all new home for 24/7 TopDeals Furniture is here.
Traditional, Rustic and Stylish oak and pine, bedroom and living room furniture.

Location - United Kingdom

Post by buckmajor » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:01 am

Hey Q,

How do we update the changes apart from the CSS? Do we copy the listed files you mentioned in v1.4.8 to our custom template?

Just having problems trying to work this.

Thanks

http://www.dmaireroa.com

Location - Brisbane

Post by buckmajor » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:31 am

Sweet, I got it going. That was very hard for me, I can imagine the hard work you guys put in, every time you work on an upgrade or latest version of opencart :o

I solved it by updating my CSS, and replacing the listed files to the latest version.

http://www.dmaireroa.com

Location - Brisbane

Post by sean01 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:49 am

I get these errors
Notice: Undefined variable: text_latest in /home/public_html/mysite.co.uk/jokenny/catalog/view/theme/black_shadow/template/common/home.tpl on line 12
Notice: Undefined variable: products in /home/public_html/mysite.co.uk/jokenny/catalog/view/theme/black_shadow/template/common/home.tpl on line 14

what changes do i need to make?
Sean

Post by Qphoria » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:56 am

sean01 wrote:I get these errors
Notice: Undefined variable: text_latest in /home/public_html/mysite.co.uk/jokenny/catalog/view/theme/black_shadow/template/common/home.tpl on line 12
Notice: Undefined variable: products in /home/public_html/mysite.co.uk/jokenny/catalog/view/theme/black_shadow/template/common/home.tpl on line 14

Sean
delete the template/common/home.tpl file in your custom theme

Administrator

Post by thegeneral » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:55 am

Thanks Qphoria your post was very helpfull for us.

Manchester United

Post by readyman » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:41 am

I don't really like this template fallback scenario. The default template is full of tabled layouts and inline styles... why would I want to default fallback onto that?

-- my 2C

http://www.alreadymade.com
Follow me on twitter.com/alreadymade

Global Moderator

Location - Sydney

Post by grooverdan » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:38 pm

readyman wrote:I don't really like this template fallback scenario. The default template is full of tabled layouts and inline styles... why would I want to default fallback onto that?
I agree the inline styles are painful.

I've done a patch http://code.google.com/p/opencart/issues/detail?id=196 to handle all those themes that mainly just change the images used. On two sites I manage I've got one site's theme directory down to only a set of images in the theme directory. The other one still has the inline styles which makes it hard to update all the fixes that got put into them. Getting these into a the style sheet would be great.

Improvement ideas welcome.

Note: anyone who wants to apply the patches needs to work that bit out themselves

Post by Qphoria » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:36 pm

readyman wrote:I don't really like this template fallback scenario. The default template is full of tabled layouts and inline styles... why would I want to default fallback onto that?

-- my 2C
You override whatever you want overridden. Granted it could be cleaner, but people add the "payment" tpl folder to their custom templates. Why? You are not likely going to have custom skinned payment forms. The fallback is there for theme that are really done right and use mostly css.

For inspiration, look here:
http://www.mezzoblue.com/zengarden/alldesigns/

This is a site where a single html base is used and hundreds of completely different and unique designs are made using only css and images. The html never changes. Seems more theme devs could stand to learn these techniques. But I'm not a theme developer so maybe I'm wrong but I've already been wrong once this year so it's not likely :laugh:

Administrator

Post by webunit » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:17 pm

That's helpful.

Thanks

--
Craig
Web Designer UX & UI

Phone: 0871 237 8121
Web: http://www.webunit.co.uk
Email: sales@webunit.co.uk

Post by nick941741 » Thu May 08, 2014 3:38 pm

Hi, I've recently tried to upgrade my store from 1.4.8 all the way to the current version of 1.5.6.3_rc

The upgrade has gone fine apart from the template.

I've read a few posts on this but I can't seem to find anything that matches the errors I'm seeing.

It could be that this has been created as a custom template, but I'm not sure.

I've listed the errors below, if anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

Notice: Undefined variable: text_special in ...\catalog\view\theme\ribbon\template\common\header.tpl on line 148
Notice: Undefined variable: text_bookmark in ...\catalog\view\theme\ribbon\template\common\header.tpl on line 149
Notice: Undefined variable: text_contact in ...\catalog\view\theme\ribbon\template\common\header.tpl on line 150
Notice: Undefined variable: text_sitemap in ...\catalog\view\theme\ribbon\template\common\header.tpl on line 151
Notice: Undefined variable: text_login in ...\catalog\view\theme\ribbon\template\common\header.tpl on line 156 My Account
Notice: Undefined variable: ajax in ...\catalog\view\theme\ribbon\template\module\cart.tpl on line 43 " id="tab_cart">
Notice: Undefined variable: text_cart in ...\catalog\view\theme\ribbon\template\common\header.tpl on line 161 Checkout
Notice: Undefined variable: entry_search in ...\catalog\view\theme\ribbon\template\common\header.tpl on line 168
Notice: Undefined variable: keyword in ...\catalog\view\theme\ribbon\template\common\header.tpl on line 171
Notice: Undefined variable: button_go in ...\catalog\view\theme\ribbon\template\common\header.tpl on line 188 Notice: Undefined variable: text_advanced in ...\catalog\view\theme\ribbon\template\common\header.tpl on line 189

Notice: Undefined variable: breadcrumbs in ...\catalog\view\theme\ribbon\template\common\header.tpl on line 202Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ...\catalog\view\theme\ribbon\template\common\header.tpl on line 202

Notice: Undefined variable: < in ...\catalog\view\theme\ribbon\template\common\column_left.tpl on line 3 Notice: Undefined variable: < in ...\catalog\view\theme\ribbon\template\common\column_left.tpl on line 3

Notice: Undefined variable: < in ...\catalog\view\theme\ribbon\template\common\column_right.tpl on line 3
Notice: Undefined variable: welcome in ...\catalog\view\theme\ribbon\template\common\home.tpl on line 11
Notice: Undefined variable: modules in ...\catalog\view\theme\ribbon\template\common\home.tpl on line 13
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ...\catalog\view\theme\ribbon\template\common\home.tpl on line 13
Notice: Undefined variable: google_analytics in ...\catalog\view\theme\ribbon\template\common\footer.tpl on line 13

Post by richardcomfort » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:52 am

More control on white space and margins then. We used to have big empty boxes that we couldn't minimize if we have nothing much to fill it with. Good this was changed.

Location - London, UK

Post by okmen22 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:02 pm

Qphoria wrote:
sean01 wrote:I get these errors

Sean
delete the template/common/home.tpl file in your custom theme
thank very much :D i have the same problems .

Post by rudiana » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:50 am

thank's Qphoria problem here is that I care.