Post by avorob » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:28 am

I uploaded and enabled module
It is showing in Modifications:
Export/Import Tool for OpenCart 2.0.x mhccorp.com 2.0.x-2.26 Enabled 15/09/2015
I do not see option for 'tool/export_import' in Access permission and modify permission in admin profile; only these that star with "tool":
tool/backup
tool/error_log
tool/upload

Naturally; when you click on Tools -> Export/Import i get this error.
Permission Denied!
You do not have permission to access this page, please refer to your system administrator.

Any suggestions?
Thanks for putting up a free module.

Post by hostjars » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:44 am

Hi

This sounds like an installation issue, would you be able to take a look inside your admin/controller/tool/ folder, do you see your Import/Export module in there? (Your file will be called import_export.php)

If it's not there you will need to reinstall the module.
If it is there you will need to check your file permissions: More information here

Mods: Total Import PRO | Any Feed PRO | XML Input PRO |
CSV Import PRO

Post by avorob » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:14 pm

I just re-installed Import/Export Tool by uploading opencart-2-0-x-export-import-multilingual-2-26.ocmod
Still not showing as an option for admin permission and import_export.php file not in /admin/controller/tool directory

----------------------------------------------------------------
MOD: Export/Import Tool for OpenCart 2.0.x
FILE: admin/controller/common/menu.php
CODE: $data['text_backup'] = $this->language->get('text_backup');
LINE: 12
CODE: $data['backup'] = $this->url->link('tool/backup', 'token=' . $this->session->data['token'], 'SSL');
LINE: 119
FILE: admin/language/english/common/menu.php
CODE: $_['text_backup'] = 'Backup / Restore';
LINE: 9
FILE: admin/view/template/common/menu.tpl
CODE: <li><a href="<?php echo $backup; ?>"><?php echo $text_backup; ?></a></li>
LINE: 164
----------------------------------------------------------------

Post by avorob » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:07 am

With help of artcore the admin permission showed up.
I was able to download all four product related files (products, categories, attributes..)
I was able to modify and upload attributes files, however the product file would not upload even w/o making any changes to it after I downloaded. Error log is showing "Missing Product id' in every worksheet of the Products file.
Any suggestions?
Feel free to suggest a commercial module to effectively manage product inventory.
Thanks

Post by klyn05 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:52 am

I believe we use the same Import/Export tool. Anyway, I previously had the same issue.
For some reason, if something was in any of the fields previously but was removed and is now blank, it seems to think that there are still products in those cells. If you don't have product ids (or anything in those cells), it gives the "Missing product id" error.
This happened multiple times, even when I didn't think anything else had been on the worksheet except what I had currently.

My resolve is to go to the bottom, under where the products/ids end on each of the worksheets (and all blank fields on any other empty worksheet), across ALL columns/fields, and press "delete" (NOT Clear contents).
I usually did it for maybe 1000-5000 rows. Just to be safe and not keep receiving the same error.

I've had many nuances with this tool, but once you learn your way around them it seems to work very well.

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:44 am

Or you could use OpenOffice or LibreOffice, much better than MS Excel!

klyn05 wrote:I believe we use the same Import/Export tool. Anyway, I previously had the same issue.
For some reason, if something was in any of the fields previously but was removed and is now blank, it seems to think that there are still products in those cells. If you don't have product ids (or anything in those cells), it gives the "Missing product id" error.
This happened multiple times, even when I didn't think anything else had been on the worksheet except what I had currently.

My resolve is to go to the bottom, under where the products/ids end on each of the worksheets (and all blank fields on any other empty worksheet), across ALL columns/fields, and press "delete" (NOT Clear contents).
I usually did it for maybe 1000-5000 rows. Just to be safe and not keep receiving the same error.

I've had many nuances with this tool, but once you learn your way around them it seems to work very well.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by y_daddy » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:40 pm

avorob wrote:With help of artcore the admin permission showed up.
I was able to download all four product related files (products, categories, attributes..)
I was able to modify and upload attributes files, however the product file would not upload even w/o making any changes to it after I downloaded. Error log is showing "Missing Product id' in every worksheet of the Products file.
Any suggestions?
Feel free to suggest a commercial module to effectively manage product inventory.
Thanks
I have the same problem: the tool doesn't appear in user groups-administrator list of permissions. How did you solve this problem? thanks
Edit- SOLVED: I didn't have ftp root set at all in settings oc. Must delete the extension- set ftp root- reinstall the extension

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:18 pm

y_daddy wrote: I have the same problem: the tool doesn't appear in user groups-administrator list of permissions. How did you solve this problem? thanks
Edit- SOLVED: I didn't have ftp root set at all in settings oc. Must delete the extension- set ftp root- reinstall the extension
Is there any reason why you can't use OpenOffice or LibreOffice? At the danger of repeating myself: This is an MS Excel issue, with its trailing blank lines.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member