Post by Hashishim » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:39 am

hey dude

Post by Hashishim » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:26 am

Thanks dude your Fix Worked!! :D

Post by Steelrat » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:45 am

If anyone is still having issues with odd admin screens, starting from the login, I found the following.

File header.tpl in admin/view/template/common has the following line commented out:

<!--
<link href="view/javascript/bootstrap/css/bootstrap.css" rel="stylesheet" media="screen" />
//-->

Remove <!-- and //--> and all the problems go away. :)

Location - Dover, UK

Post by neufke » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:37 pm

The problem is, as mentioned earlier, the fact that the mime type isn't handled in standard server installations. If you run your own server 2008/2012 you need to add the mime-type .less with type text/css to the mime-types list. I you are running opencart with an ISP you can ask their support department to handle it for you (to my knowledge this problem only arises with windows servers)

The less css is a new standard way of using css in your website. Uncommenting the line you said just loads the "old" type css . Both types of css are wright so there is no wrong, the .less type just has a lot more features.

Post by PopFizzle » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:13 am

neufke wrote:The problem is, as mentioned earlier, the fact that the mime type isn't handled in standard server installations. If you run your own server 2008/2012 you need to add the mime-type .less with type text/css to the mime-types list. I you are running opencart with an ISP you can ask their support department to handle it for you (to my knowledge this problem only arises with windows servers)

The less css is a new standard way of using css in your website. Uncommenting the line you said just loads the "old" type css . Both types of css are wright so there is no wrong, the .less type just has a lot more features.
Thanks this fixed it for me changing the mime-type as stated.

Post by Canaponics » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:58 am

Steelrat wrote:If anyone is still having issues with odd admin screens, starting from the login, I found the following.

File header.tpl in admin/view/template/common has the following line commented out:

<!--
<link href="view/javascript/bootstrap/css/bootstrap.css" rel="stylesheet" media="screen" />
//-->

Remove <!-- and //--> and all the problems go away. :)
Absolutely perfect fix!!! Thank you very very much it is very appreciated!

Post by emcpublicidad » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:22 am

Thanks Steelrat solve my problem with your solution, you're the best, Thanks Again

Location - Valencia - Venezuela

Post by NikolaikiN » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:49 pm

Hello guys.
My very first post.
I do found a lot of help reading this forum and got answers to many questions and I hope you can help me to sort out this issue as well.

I have similar error described in OP by @percho, but its happened after I installed a VQMOD. Dashboard has an error ( can see only text ), but front page store is performing well.

Below is screenshot of my dashboard and admin log after error occurred.
Dashboard error.jpg

Admin Log and Dashboard error - Dashboard error.jpg (264.6 KiB) Viewed 4305 times

This is how it looked before.
I am using an OpenCart Journal 1 theme : http://journal.digital-atelier.com/1/
Dashboard before error.jpg

Dashboard before error - Dashboard before error.jpg (214.23 KiB) Viewed 4305 times

I wanted to install a watermark module, but it required a VQMOD, so I went and installed latest VQMOD for my OC. ( vqmod-2.5.1-opencart )

After performing a: http://www.shopname.com/vqmod/install , got a notification "VQMOD installed successfuly".
After that I refresh a browser of my front page and It was fine, but after I refresh browser on the admin dashboard log, I did get this weird looking page with text only.

So, I went and deleted a VQMOD, but after refreshing front page and dashboard browsers, I did get this error on dashboard and front page.
Error after deleting VQMOD.jpg

error after deleting a VQMOD - Error after deleting VQMOD.jpg (90.54 KiB) Viewed 4305 times

Then I installed back VQMOD, but got error from server ( 404 ), so I started playing around with permissions for admin / index and VQMOD: 644, 744, 755, 777, but no luck. So I have decided to "Recurse into subdirectories" to permission 644 whole admin folder.It took about 20 min. After it finished recursing, I changed admin folder permission to 755 and it got to the point where front page started working fine and admin log / dashboard "came back", but it is weird looking and of course can not be used to operate.

I red few threads where some users fixed this problem.

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... or#p543679

http://www.viethemes.com/fix-messing-st ... pencart-2/

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... or#p542843

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... strap.less

I decided to follow same instructions.

First I decided following instruction from @viethemes by replacing files in: Edit the file admin\view\template\common\header.tpl

<link href="view/javascript/bootstrap/less/bootstrap.less" rel="stylesheet/less" /><script src="view/javascript/bootstrap/less-1.7.4.min.js"></script>

replaced with <link href="view/javascript/bootstrap/css/bootstrap.css" rel="stylesheet" />

Unfortunately this did not solve problem.

Then I decided to follow MIME type instructions by @Adsy from his last post on this page:

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... strap.less

I do use a Cpanel. I did add new MIME type: text/less ... less and also tried: text/css ... less, but unfortunately it did not solve for me, still same dashboard error.

Also tried to locate file what @Steelrat posted and remove Remove <!-- and //-->:
<!-- <link href="view/javascript/bootstrap/css/bootstrap.css" rel="stylesheet" media="screen" />
//-->

but my admin\view\template\common\header.tpl did not begand / end with <!-- ... //-->

So, this is my long story. Hope it's not too messy. I am just a beginner and might not know all correct therms, so I hope you can give me some ideas on how to fix my issue.

Thank you in advance !

Post by criogix » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:00 pm

I am having the same problem but none of the solutions worked...this is really getting one my nerves...fresh install and nothing!!!

Post by sbohler » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:54 pm

Friends, I've been experiencing the same/similar symptoms ad tried the suggestions above with no success.
  • Dashboard: messed up
  • Products listing: toast
  • Image manager: utterly unuseable
  • Other improper formatting and unuseability issues
HOWEVER... I did discover that my
plugins/system/mijoshopjquery/mijoshopjquery/bootstrap/less/bootstrap.less was forbidden to the browser as suggested above. I did the following to effect repair:

In my .htaccess I allowed access to this folder:
  • plugins/system/mijoshopjquery/mijoshopjquery/bootstrap/less
All problems solved, for me. I hope this helps you.

Scott Bohler

Post by indomusicshop » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:24 pm

sbohler wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:54 pm
Friends, I've been experiencing the same/similar symptoms ad tried the suggestions above with no success.
  • Dashboard: messed up
  • Products listing: toast
  • Image manager: utterly unuseable
  • Other improper formatting and unuseability issues
HOWEVER... I did discover that my
plugins/system/mijoshopjquery/mijoshopjquery/bootstrap/less/bootstrap.less was forbidden to the browser as suggested above. I did the following to effect repair:

In my .htaccess I allowed access to this folder:
  • plugins/system/mijoshopjquery/mijoshopjquery/bootstrap/less
All problems solved, for me. I hope this helps you.

Scott Bohler
Hi, where do you find the plugins/system/etc..
i'm a newbie, and I've tried all of the solution here, from mqsli,<!--//--> (i don't find anything like this in my header template tho), and Mime, none of them works :(

Post by botva » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:23 pm

i change my /admin/view/template/common/header.twig (header.tpl for old versions ) according recomendations. thats only way works for me.