Post by mai » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:37 pm

Using safari as browser the quantity box and shopping cart are not adjusting the width if a customer wants to order a large number of products. It is working ok with the other browsers. Anybody any idea how to fix this?

Attachments

quantity box.jpg

quantity box.jpg (83.57 KiB) Viewed 3604 times

mai

Post by treoden » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:31 pm

Use css to change it's width,make it bigger

My Extension

Location - Ho Chi Minh

Post by mai » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:42 pm

Sorry, I have tried that, but is not working. The point is that the widt adjust itself when using Firefox or chrome, but not when you use Safari. That is what I do not understand.

mai

Post by AntonVE » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:09 am

I know this is a very late response and the tc will not benefit from my message.
However as i just found myself in this same situation and this was about the only post i could find, i would like to post my solution.
Don't know if it is the only way to work this out, but with the css i had no luck either.

Go to:
catalog/view/theme/default/template/product and open product.tpl

and around line 221 there is this section:

Code: Select all

div class="cart">
        <div><?php echo $text_qty; ?>
          <input type="text" name="quantity" size="2" value="<?php echo $minimum; ?>" />
          <input type="hidden" name="product_id" size="2" value="<?php echo $product_id; ?>" />
In that section change the line:

<input type="text" name="quantity" size="2" value="<?php echo $minimum; ?>" />
Adjust the size="2" to your needs, so in my case i changed it to 5 to make it show 5 digits quantity box.

Please note this only affects the productpage quantity box, if you need it changed in the Cart view also...
Go to: catalog/view/theme/default/template/checkout, open the cart.tpl and around line 66 look for:

<td class="quantity"><input type="text" name="quantity[<?php echo $product['key']; ?>]" value="<?php echo $product['quantity']; ?>" size="1" />
Als change that where it says size="1" to your desire.

Hope this helps anybody!
Anton

Post by teuscher1 » Sat May 30, 2020 1:27 pm

Many thanks for this one!