Post by RMuse » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:55 am

I have the strangest problem. I have a product that if you try to add to cart from product page, does not work, but that same product works if added from 'List/Grid'. All other product pages work, no problem. Stranger yet, if you remove the photo from the product page, the add to cart button works. It also works from 'List/Grid.' But it will not work with photo installed. Using Opencart 1.5.4.1. Have deleted page and re-added it after 30 minutes and has same problem. Have check setting on other product pages and everything is identical, but one item on this particular product page will not 'add to cart' no matter what I do. Anyone have any ideas?

Post by labeshops » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:50 pm

A link would really help.

Running Opencart v2.2 with multi-stores from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by RMuse » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:49 pm

Hello. I am upgrading my old opencart 1.5.4.1 to the latest version. I believe I have 3.0.3.2. I have created a subdomain and installed the latest version there so I won't disturb the old website. I installed the new version, did everything instructions asked and I can see the front end of the store. The problem is when I go to the back end and enter my user and password, I get a bunch of code that appears across the entire screen along with a pop up window that said I need to move my 'storage' folder outside of the public_html folder. There are several option I have tried to use, using the 'automatic' key, but none of the options work and the website eventually crashes, showing nothing on the webpage. Not sure what to do next. I have looked for a video that clearly explains how to do this but none exists. One thing is, are the instructions talking about moving the storage folder outside of the subdomain folder or completely out of the top of the tree public_html. In any event, I have tried both and neither one works. I have used up tons of traffic constantly re-installing the website. Is the instructions only for upgrading over old website and not for subdomain approach? What do you suggest for a speedy solution. I have spent days and many man hours trying to fix this problem. I am also not sure about the changing of the config.php files. Tried everything to no avail. Please, can you offer a straight forward solution to this problem. I would like to get a hard copy of the fix if possible, so I won't have to bother you folks again. Because once I make all the necessary changes and load the store, I will then need to migrate the new website over to the old website, overwriting the old website. But I need to transfer a lot of things from the old website to the new website first, before deleting the old website. Thanks in advance for your speedy reply and solution.