Post by i2Paq » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:27 am

Xsecrets wrote:actually looking at the left nav looks like both my commercial mods will be trampled. Guess I'll have to figure out something new people need. :choke:
Rest assure, I hate that kind of nav, so maybe there is room for a mod that will have it "the old way" ;)

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by ncc50446@hotmail.com » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:36 am

That looks great!
Just a couple questions though. Is there a lot of changes to the core and template system? Just wondering how hard it is going to be to convert older templates to a newer template layout/features. Will older templates still work once the cart is upgraded? (As in everything except the template).
Though I do realize that (The last I heard), it is still some time away, I'm just curious :)
Keep up the good work!

Post by chorng » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:12 am

OC Rocks ! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

Post by Daniel » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:12 pm

ncc50446@hotmail.com wrote:That looks great!
Just a couple questions though. Is there a lot of changes to the core and template system? Just wondering how hard it is going to be to convert older templates to a newer template layout/features. Will older templates still work once the cart is upgraded? (As in everything except the template).
Though I do realize that (The last I heard), it is still some time away, I'm just curious :)
Keep up the good work!
no there is not.

all the old payment, shipping, module, order totals will work.some peoples templates will need to be altered though.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by peecha85 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:52 pm

I am using Opencart for only few months, and never made any upgrades... That's why I am a bit afraid of that.
But will it be possible to use affiliate module with 1.4.8?

Post by Xsecrets » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:07 pm

peecha85 wrote:I am using Opencart for only few months, and never made any upgrades... That's why I am a bit afraid of that.
With past experience as a gauge the opencart dev team does not do backports of new features, so the answer would be no.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Qphoria » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:23 pm

Xsecrets wrote:
peecha85 wrote:I am using Opencart for only few months, and never made any upgrades... That's why I am a bit afraid of that.
With past experience as a gauge the opencart dev team does not do backports of new features, so the answer would be no.
We can only look forward :)

Administrator

Post by peecha85 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:03 am

ok.

then I hope everything will be fine with upgrade, because I will upgrade to 1.5.0. only because of affiliate module.

and what about language? if my shop is in another language (latvian), how will that affect the upgrade? will I have to translate everything again?

Post by ncc50446@hotmail.com » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:06 am

Daniel wrote: no there is not.

all the old payment, shipping, module, order totals will work.some peoples templates will need to be altered though.
Awesome. That's what I assumed, and hoped. Just wanted to make sure. Thank you :)

Post by gocreative » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:42 am

oneilldesign wrote:Looks great! A massive improvement over the current version, though I do have a few comments:

1. The strapline in the dummy logo says "Yours" instead of "Your".
2. Is there a choice of category menu orientation? e.g. horizontal or vertical menu
3. The hyperlinks in the second-level nav are a bit hard to read (may need to make a darker blue).
4. I think the "Home" link should appear in the primary nav instead of the light grey bar. You could then also remove the text link from the header.
5. Why are the PayPal, VISA and Mastercard logos in the fat footer as well as the bottom left corner of the page?
6. Are the social networking icons configurable/extensible? i.e. Can I choose which to show, or add more via the admin panel?
7. Can the information pages be displayed in feature boxes and/or primary nav as well as the footer? I think "About Us" is a fairly important link - too important to have buried at the bottom of the page.
8. Where is "Advanced Search"?
9. I think the "Checkout" option should be a button to increase its visibility.
Any chance of a response to these comments/questions?

Post by Daniel » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:14 am

oneilldesign wrote:
oneilldesign wrote:Looks great! A massive improvement over the current version, though I do have a few comments:

1. The strapline in the dummy logo says "Yours" instead of "Your".
2. Is there a choice of category menu orientation? e.g. horizontal or vertical menu
3. The hyperlinks in the second-level nav are a bit hard to read (may need to make a darker blue).
4. I think the "Home" link should appear in the primary nav instead of the light grey bar. You could then also remove the text link from the header.
5. Why are the PayPal, VISA and Mastercard logos in the fat footer as well as the bottom left corner of the page?
6. Are the social networking icons configurable/extensible? i.e. Can I choose which to show, or add more via the admin panel?
7. Can the information pages be displayed in feature boxes and/or primary nav as well as the footer? I think "About Us" is a fairly important link - too important to have buried at the bottom of the page.
9. I think the "Checkout" option should be a button to increase its visibility.
Any chance of a response to these comments/questions?
its just a mockup and i will leave in the old category module.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by gocreative » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:22 am

Ok, that answers point 2. What about the rest?

Post by CUSTOM_UK » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:00 pm

I was going to go live with version 1.49, but I'm going to wait until 1.50 hits the streets and becomes a stable platform.

Whilst template changes might be good if you know exactly what you are doing, for the rest of us mere mortals it is very 'hit or miss' trying to adapt older templates. I hope 1.50 turns the tide for backward compatability of templates with all the future versions after that.

The newer template mockup looks quite promising, but it's only when OC has the shipping estimator built in as well as PayPal Express and Google Checkout in the core program, that it will finally knock Zen Cart from its rustic perch. I know those are on the road map for 1.50 and hope they don't get omitted trying to rush the product out the door, as they are vital elements to push OC into the big league.

Post by WhiteBirch » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:30 pm

1.5.0 is looking really great. Seems there are alot of new features being added so I won't mind adapting templates for it being a new major version.

WhiteBirch - Premium OpenCart Templates on ThemeForest
Skylight - Our first OpenCart 1.4.9.1 template!
Darkwood - Stylish new OpenCart 1.4.9.1 template!

Location - UK

Post by Melanie » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:46 am

Any launch date on 1.50?

Post by Qphoria » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:01 am

6 months!

Administrator

Post by CUSTOM_UK » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:45 pm

Qphoria wrote:6 months!
Everyone loves an optimist.... ;D

Post by thegeneral » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:01 am

Qphoria wrote:6 months!
I hope so :laugh: O0

Manchester United

Post by Daniel » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:25 am

What about IE6 compatibility? should i make it IE6 compatible still? its getting a bit tiresome now.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by WhiteBirch » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:10 am

Personally I would say not to worry too much about IE6. The public beta of IE9 arrived the other day so hopefully it won't be too long until it's actually out properly. IE6 usage stats are going down and down and to be honest people need a reason to upgrade.

WhiteBirch - Premium OpenCart Templates on ThemeForest
Skylight - Our first OpenCart 1.4.9.1 template!
Darkwood - Stylish new OpenCart 1.4.9.1 template!

Location - UK