Post by sanne » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:53 pm

Hello,

I am making a test shop to see if I can make a switch from my current webshop.

I have most parts working like I want them.

The sitemap is working and uploaded to google. After almost two weeks not one url has been indexed. I know it takes some time but this seems too long.
Does anybody know why and has a solution?

The test site is: webshop.tatsujin.nl

Thanks,
Sanne

Location - Almelo

Post by kedgetech » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:32 pm

I guess every link you click is giving the "500 Internal Server Error". The SEO urls is having problems i suppose.

Location - USA, Australia, India

Post by sanne » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:49 pm

The 500 Internal Server Error is solved, last night I changed something in the .htaccess and removed that just now. This was not the problem before.

Mikado martial arts -martial arts books and DVD's
Tai chi toko - Everything for tai chi and Qigong
The pocket-stick shop - kubotans and tactical flashlights

Location - Almelo

Post by kedgetech » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:43 pm

Did you check if there are any issues in crawling into your website you can find it at google webmaster tools

Let me know how you go.

Post by sanne » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:26 pm

No errors in googlewebmaster. Sitemap gets downloaded fine.
Google does an average of 169 pages a day.
No HTML errors or duplicate descriptions reported yet.

Location - Almelo

Post by jayman » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:22 am

from what I see is that your information is 100% duplicate content from other sites. Google has absolutely no reason to put your pages in the index if it already has the information elsewhere. Write unique titles and descriptions for your products. Also when you are using your seo keywords don't put spaces in between the words for example don't do this "http://webshop.tatsujin.nl/Nunchaku-boek: van Verboden,Wapen tot Erkende Sport" because in reality what you are writing is "http://webshop.tatsujin.nl/Nunchaku-boe ... de%20Sport".

Use dashes- or underscore_ to separate your words.

Post by sanne » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:41 am

True, it's a copy of my current shop. The exception is that there are no categories in the url (I have those in my current shop).

I can't make up other unique titles, the products are named that way.

What would happen if I delete the sitemap of my current shop and replace that one with the OC shop. What time would it take for all links to be updated?

I copied all titles to the SEO word fields. The text you are referring to is the acutal title of the book.
Should I change this to the top category and the title? Or should I apply another logic?

thanks,
Sanne

Location - Almelo

Post by kedgetech » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:57 am

sanne wrote:True, it's a copy of my current shop. The exception is that there are no categories in the url (I have those in my current shop).

I can't make up other unique titles, the products are named that way.

What would happen if I delete the sitemap of my current shop and replace that one with the OC shop. What time would it take for all links to be updated?
Answer would be "Eventually" I dont think people in Google will guarantee all the links to be updated. Agree with most of the listed items by Jayman. Try to make description and keywords unique more or less different from your existing website. Google has a several clusters not sure how many of crawl servers that index automatically when there is changes in your website provided some of the above rules are met ( these may be the tip of ice).

Just try and register with other search engines (yahoo,msn,ask....) This will give you added advantage that google will find interesting and index.
sanne wrote:I copied all titles to the SEO word fields. The text you are referring to is the acutal title of the book.
Should I change this to the top category and the title? Or should I apply another logic?
Not sure exactly what you mean but insted of title using "My Dog loves to jump" should look like "My_Dog_loves_to_jump" this will help search engine to understand more about the content inside.

Hope that helps