Post by spamhub » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:54 am

Hi SuperJuice,

First of all, thanks for releasing such nice module.

I m new to OC, like it but wasn't able to grab a shipping method for Australia, and finally got here. Thanks again for your great work.

I have installed the module in a fresh OC 1.4.8, and disabled the token thing for the module and then... the options changed saved without error.

Haven't check with the front-end functionality of the module... someone else may help for the frontend ...

Andrew

Post by spamhub » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:10 am

Just an update ....

I have now got the frontend tested.. it functioned like a charm...

Andrew

Post by JohnL » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:06 pm

Is it possible with this module (or in the shipping default settings) to have a certain amount free of charge? Example - buy over $150 worth of goods and postage is free up to 3kgs.... Can that be done? How do others go about this - if anyone that is....

Also, will this work in a 3rd party template? That is kind of important I guess....

Thanks for any help you can give,

JL

Post by cmebd » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:09 am

I have used this module in many testing environment through many OC versions, with some good and bad template styles but this module has never produced any errors of its own.

User errors however: IE, not putting in weight/size and other necessary information into the products - can cause a failure in bringing up the shipping module

My2c worth

A stupid question is the one you -don't- ask.........(Anon)

)C1.5.0.1 (IN devel)
OC V1.4.9.5
OC V1.4.9.2
OC V1.4.7
OC V1.3.4

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by JohnL » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:28 am

So are you saying that the weight and size of each product needs to be specified in the cart? Of course the weight does otherwise the shipping can not be calculated. How critical is the size? Is this just an IE issue or is it a problem with OC is these factors are not put in?

Do I even need the module if I am just going to use a weight = shipping cost calculation as specified in the documentation?

Cheers,

JL

Post by cmebd » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:43 am

I think it most probably has more to do with Aussie Post and the type of shipping you select in the module within admin....

Please read IE as "For instance" in previous post.

)C1.5.0.1 (IN devel)
OC V1.4.9.5
OC V1.4.9.2
OC V1.4.7
OC V1.3.4

Post by lotus » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:55 am

SuperJuice wrote:For those attempting to use the module on 1.4.8, have you tried the following (from the 1.4.8 release notes) for a short term fix?
All 1.4.7 compatible mods should work with this version. However, mod makers will need to add support for the admin token system. While waiting for updated mods, users can bypass the token check from the System Settings->Server tab.
Interested to know if this resolves the issues you are having until I release an updated version.
Hi SuperJuice,

Is there a Aust Post module that works with 1.4.8 now and can you please direct me to where I should get the download for this from.

Someone directed me to the Extensions area but there doesn't seem to be anything there. Are you able to send me a updated version for 1.4.8 is one is available.

Thanks

Post by lotus » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:31 pm

Andrew,

Would you have the link to the module I should download?

I am assuming there is one for 1.4.7 and this will work with 1.4.8b as suggested in your post, but first I've gotta get my hands on the module from the correct link.

Please help.
spamhub wrote:Just an update ....

I have now got the frontend tested.. it functioned like a charm...

Andrew

Post by SuperJuice » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:32 pm

http://www.pixeldrift.net/opencart/open ... ost.tar.gz

The 1.4.5 module with the admin token setting turned off as described above should work with 1.4.8, let me know if there are any problems.

Post by lotus » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:52 pm

Thanks SuperJuice. Works seamlessly. Excellent.

One further question - where or how does it work out what the charges will be for standard or express.

Does it refer to a look up table online somewhere based on weight or is this hardcoded somewhere.

The reason for the for the question is that if an item is less than 500g and shipped in prepaid satchel, it normally cost $5.90 anywhere in australia for standard, where as your calculator works it out to $5?

Post by SuperJuice » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:28 pm

The information comes directly from Australia post when you checkout. It doesn't include prepaid post satchels, they are a different method of shipping. The satchel likely has a surcharge on it because you need to pay for the satchel itself where as a standard parcel you provide the packaging.

If you have concerns it's quoting low and you want to use satchels, add some handling to the cost.

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:17 pm

in addition to bypassing the mod itself, I forgot to mention that you also need to bypass the main "extension/shipping" page as well.

Administrator

Post by lotus » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:26 pm

Sorry Qphoria for my limited skill set to date, but I am not sure what you mean by this?

Could you please expand a bit on this for my understanding.
Qphoria wrote:in addition to bypassing the mod itself, I forgot to mention that you also need to bypass the main "extension/shipping" page as well.

Post by SuperJuice » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:27 am

Also have no idea what qphoria is talking about ???

Post by synergeia » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:37 pm

He is talking about disabling the admin security tokens which you can locate by logging into the OpenCart admin page.

Under System -> Settings

Click on the Server tab

scroll to the bottom and it has a section on "Ignore Tokens on these pages"

make sure you TICK extension/shipping and shipping/auspost

Post by SuperJuice » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:18 pm

Ahh thanks :D

I haven't had a chance to update the token code, will need to find exactly what I need to add to make it work (gather I will find it in the other modules that are included).

Also thinking about adding pre-paid satchels (Regular / Express), would people find that useful?

Post by cmebd » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:57 pm

SuperJuice wrote:Ahh thanks :D

I haven't had a chance to update the token code, will need to find exactly what I need to add to make it work (gather I will find it in the other modules that are included).

Also thinking about adding pre-paid satchels (Regular / Express), would people find that useful?

Yes extremely useful thanks SuperJuice.

cheers

)C1.5.0.1 (IN devel)
OC V1.4.9.5
OC V1.4.9.2
OC V1.4.7
OC V1.3.4

Post by cmebd » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:26 am

Hi,

Just to advise: I have just updated with patch for 1.4.9.1 from 1.4.9 though the issue I have was evident in 1.4.9.

Even though I have checked shipping/auspost under "Ignore Tokens on these pages" under Admin/Settings/Server I am still getting an "invalid token" message at the admin login screen.

I have placed this here for the benefit of the module developer and will put into the 1.4.9 bugs forum.

Cheers

)C1.5.0.1 (IN devel)
OC V1.4.9.5
OC V1.4.9.2
OC V1.4.7
OC V1.3.4

Post by dyl4n3 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:43 pm

on my store im unsing the auspost module for shipping, but auspost cant ship over 20kg, is there a way, that if somebody buys products that total say 23kg, it can be split up into two groups but keep them in the same order?

so somebody buys a computer system, weight = 18kg
they also buy a monitor, weight = 5kg

total weight = 23kg (auspost cant ship over 20kg)

so the module splits it, it gets the price calculation for the 18kg computer system, and then gets the price calculation of the 5kg monitor, then combines the cost and charges that to the customer?

*oh, i would happily pay for this to happen*

**maybe instead of calculating the total weight of the cart, it can calculate each individual items weight and then add it together and then thats what the customer sees**

Post by SuperJuice » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:40 am

I have updated the Australia Post module for 1.4.9.1 so it now works correctly with the admin token system (from what my testing tells me).

Can others please download and confirm it is working correctly (without needing to switch to a compatibility mode)

Sorry, I haven't added any features to this release, just trying to keep it in check.

http://www.pixeldrift.net/opencart/open ... ost.tar.gz

I have answered the above question about split shipping in an email, calculating each item discreetly will grossly over inflate the postage cost... and figuring out which items go in which box.. will need a function I will need to sit down and write. I will likely add the pre-paid satchels as the next feature as I have had several people request this.

Unfortunately I have a lot of paying work on at the moment.. so this module isn't getting my full attention.