Post by speedingorange » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:05 pm

Just trying to get the HSBC Cpi Payment Module Functioning on one of my shops,

and am getting an error message of the following:

"The transaction failed because of invalid input data."

I could not find a store ID as required, but a phone call to HSBC said that it was just UK########GBP (## represent merchant number.

But this leaves me with nothing to put in the User ID field, HSBC phone support said that all you require is the user ID as above and the Hash key. But obviously this is not the case. Can anyone tell me where I can find the User ID as HSBC don't know what im talking about.

Many Thanks!
James

Post by Qphoria » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:52 pm

User ID is an optional field. I may have left the required * there but it shouldn't prevent you from saving

Administrator

Post by speedingorange » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:00 pm

Ah ok,

Just been doing some more reading on this, SSL is required to use the CPI HSBC module on OScommerce is that the same for Opencart?
Would this explain the Error message 10."The transaction failed because of invalid input data."

Or is it the same as paypal and should work anyway?

If so I'm going to have to try and get that working on shared hosing tonight lol. Good fun

Post by Qphoria » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:02 pm

HSBC is a bit overzealous and seemed to have missed the point of CPI. SSL should not be required for CPI. They are just being overprotective. The whole point of using an offsite processor is so that you don't need to get an SSL.

But it looks like this is a popular issue. Some people recommend getting SSL to see if that fixes it. Others say they called and had them switched the "Live" mode and that fixed it:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44881
http://www.google.com/search?q=hsbc+%22 ... =firefox-a

Administrator

Post by speedingorange » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:16 pm

I will try calling them and getting them to put it to " live" mode, See if that cures it otherwise its going to be set up SSL. Was going to use sagepay but they refused our application for no reason at all. HSBC was our only other option.

I thought it was a little odd that we would require SSL when we don't see the card details.

Has anyone here got HSBC working without SSL on Opencart?

Post by speedingorange » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:18 am

Does anyone know if this is still required to get the SSL working on a Shared Certificuit? http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 51&start=0

Post by Qphoria » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:27 am

Shared SSL is not supported in versions past 1.4.0 due to removal of a very important class. Some of us are working on convincing Daniel to bring back the url class but he's not easily convinced. Spam his PM with requests to bring it back :laugh: :joker:

Administrator

Post by speedingorange » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:30 am

ah man your kidding... If this turns out to be an obstacle to getting HSBC working I'm going to get lynched.

Only other way if its not coming back any time soon is going to be move to a secure non shared server... for which im sure I will need lubricant as it wont be cheap... Crap. How come it was removed? security issue?

Post by Qphoria » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:34 am

speedingorange wrote:How come it was removed? security issue?
Nope. Just an Executive decision that nobody else agrees with.

Administrator

Post by speedingorange » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:38 am

Ooo Political,

Would it be practical / possible to pay someone to add it back in as a module / hack?

Or is it Loads of work and a complete rewrite?

Post by Qphoria » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:57 am

Unfortunately it requires editing over 1000 lines of code.. in different spots.. in hundreds of files. Honestly it was more work for him to rip it out than the satisfaction he seems to feel with it gone.

Shared SSL, security tokens, customized SEO.. All rendered impossible without it. All because he just didn't think we needed it. I've been nagging him daily to get it back as have the other mods and developers.

Administrator

Post by speedingorange » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:00 am

doh,

Well the whole sll thing is new to me so im going to read up on how that all works, i think i read on another thread that a cert can be bought for about $30 a year? and I should be able to apply this to my hosting? although I don't have a static ip? more research needed I think. Not good though, what should have been a simple task like getting paypal / sagepay working has become a marathon.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:24 am

speedingorange wrote:doh,

Well the whole sll thing is new to me so im going to read up on how that all works, i think i read on another thread that a cert can be bought for about $30 a year? and I should be able to apply this to my hosting? although I don't have a static ip? more research needed I think. Not good though, what should have been a simple task like getting paypal / sagepay working has become a marathon.
I'm not totally convinced its an SSL issue. Better call and check the status first just in case. Most gateways claim to "require" SSL but most will still work without it.

Administrator

Post by speedingorange » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:43 pm

Ok will give them a call today and check. Fingers crossed it will get it working.

Cheers Q!

Post by speedingorange » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:11 pm

Have just confirmed with HSBC that it is active, so does this leave the SSL as the only other obstacle?

My host say they can provide SSL for £199 a year. Seems expensive, does this mean i should be able to get SSL from somewhere else and add it to my hosting?

Post by Qphoria » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:35 pm

199 oh hell no
godaddy has them for like $20 and they are very good. Then follow the godaddy wizard to install on your site

Administrator

Post by speedingorange » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:13 am

Do you know if they require a static IP?

Post by Qphoria » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:42 am

your host will

Administrator

Post by speedingorange » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:24 am

My host has informed me that do not let 3rd party SSL certs work on their hosting.

Ive given them an ultimatum. If this does not go who can people advise as good hosts that have SSL for not silly money. Or that allow SSL.

Cheers!

Post by Qphoria » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:36 am

wow that is unheard of. Go with hostgator or arvixe

Administrator