Post by rockfreak » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:00 pm

I would like to be able to set things like Brands to appear on website but not the other, and to be able to have a different set of featured bags per site.

Also setup a different Google Analytics per site (not sure how GA works at the moment, does it track ecom?)

Thanks for any help in advanced!

Post by kedgetech » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:27 pm

would like to be able to set things like Brands to appear on website but not the other, and to be able to have a different set of featured bags per site.
Dont quite understand. You may need to explain more.

Also setup a different Google Analytics per site (not sure how GA works at the moment, does it track ecom?)
I dont see why not. Google Analytics tracks any page where its placed. I can trace ecommerce or any other website.

Location - USA, Australia, India

Post by rockfreak » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:34 pm

At the moment on the main site you have the Brands side box, which is excellent as we have many brands.

But on the other sites they are brand specific ones, so the Brands box is pretty usless. I'd like to implement away where you can say, I want the Brands box to appear on Website 1 & 3 but not on Website 2, just like you can with products/cat/brands. Hope that explains that one abit better!

As for the featured bags, I need a way of setting a list of featured bags on Website 1 then a different set of featured Bags on Website 2 etc....

Post by Xsecrets » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:53 pm

no unfortunately right now there is nothing in place to do modules per store in multi-store.

and no google analytics that is built into opencart does not do the ecommerce tracking. one of the mod makers has a analytics pro module that does, but I forget which one right now.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by rockfreak » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:50 am

Would this be a easy(ish) thing for me to mod in my self? (experienced php programmer just not done alot of OOP)?

I'm guessing it will just be a case of making another entry in the database then modifing the files to pull that information instead??

Post by i2Paq » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:23 am

Fido-X has a home-page mod that has 3 modules:

Module 1 will let you set a 1 or 2 products that will display on the index-home

Module 2 will let you set selected categories on the index-home

Module 3 will let you set selected brands on the index-home

My guess is that if you ask Fido-X what you want/need he probably get it in these 3 modules.

And I know, because he build-ed these modules for me :D

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Xsecrets » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:30 am

this has nothing to do with individual modules, but controlling which stores in a multi-store setup that the modules show up on.

as far as how hard it would be I'm not sure it's hard enough that I can't just say do this and that without opening up files and the database and looking at them, so it would take some time, but if you are an experienced programmer you should be able to do it.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Qphoria » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:54 am

I'm talking to daniel about this. The only viable way I could see would be to add a column to the setting table called "store_id".

Then create a store id selector for each extension or a "store_to_extension" configurator. Then each store could have its own settings

Store 1 could have the bestseller sidebox enabled and on the left side
Store 2 could have the bestseller sidebox enabled on the right side
Store 3 could disable the bestseller sidebox all together
etc

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:30 am

Qphoria wrote:I'm talking to daniel about this. The only viable way I could see would be to add a column to the setting table called "store_id".

Then create a store id selector for each extension or a "store_to_extension" configurator. Then each store could have its own settings

Store 1 could have the bestseller sidebox enabled and on the left side
Store 2 could have the bestseller sidebox enabled on the right side
Store 3 could disable the bestseller sidebox all together
etc
That is how VP-ASP does it, their multi-store setup is a breeze.

If you want to add another store, you just copy all the files from one store to another store, change the Store_ID in the new store's config file and add that same Store_ID to the config file of the "mother" store. As soon as you visit the new store the first time it will create all the necessary tables needed for that new store in the main database. When you login to the BO you can set everything for that new store, products, categories, template etc. etc.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by rockfreak » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:01 am

The most logical way I can see to do it (this is putting it into the core code anyway) is to seperate all the modules out of the oc_settings table and into their own oc_extentions table, then have a oc_extentions_to_store table to take care of the store setting, this keeps it in the format of the manu's, cat's and products?

Or am I missing something here?? I'll be honest I think that this is something that should be in the core of the product, along with the ability to change all the default store settings in the children stores... like seperate email settings, different address, telephone, etc..?