Post by mondy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:41 pm

b"h

I found that even I have multi-language sitem manufacturers are not multi-language.
is this a bug ?
Mo.
Last edited by i2Paq on Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Renamed and moved

Post by Xsecrets » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:11 pm

aren't company names pretty much the same in all languages?

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by mondy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:43 pm

Xsecrets wrote:aren't company names pretty much the same in all languages?
b"h

First, Not at all.
Second, the Alph-Beta is diffent(russian, thai, arabic, etc.).
If someone doesn't know how to read it, so it make a difference.

Mo.

Post by jefcully » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:42 am

I Have a problem to understanding yr problem what should u trying to tell us.This contribution will be to give you an alternative to this problem.
manufacturers default osCommerce module providing multilingual support and a description field added. It can be used as a complete replacement if your open cart is multilingual or not, but for single language open carts there is not really necessary to use this contribution . The idea is to give opportunity.
To use the module manufacturers for product groups for which you do not necessarily want to separate classes.

Post by mondy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:07 am

b"h

I 'm trying to tell only that if the website is multi-language it has to be each language copmletly in one language.
So i thing it has to be fixed in the future.

Mo.

Post by i2Paq » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:50 pm

Names are the same in any language, that is a common agreement made by all country's.
That is why the have no need to be multilingual.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by masa » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:12 pm

Can you please consider an enhancement to support MULTI-LANG in manufacturers ?
Names are different in Japanese (I believe it is true in other langs), ideally it should be translatable. Please!

Post by joy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:05 pm

I agreed. Not only brand names are different in Japanese, this is also true for Chinese also.
I am not saying this is a bug, probably just a feature that is needed by multilingual site.

OC version 1.5.1.3

joy

Post by mberlant » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:24 pm

I agree that there needs to be an enhancement to register the "Manufacturer" name in each individual language, while keeping its index constant across languages, as is currently done for Product descriptions, etc.

Just as an American or European could likely not choose "미츠비시" or "三菱" from a Manufacturer's list on an OpenCart store that happens to be located in Korea or Japan, but offers English as one of its languages, people in Thailand or Russia or Egypt are just as unlikely to be able to read "Mitsubishi" on a web site where the primary language is English, despite the store owner having gone to the trouble of offering those countries' languages in order to bolster sales.

Technically, it is true that this is not a translation -- hence, there is no need for translation. It is an orthographical presentation, which needs to be represented in each language available at a particular OpenCart store. For that there is an unequivocal need.

Please use proper English at all times, so that all members may understand you.

Post by haowind » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:20 pm

I have the same problem. This is a serious problem but found no answers yet.
Multi language store should have multi language homepage site names/titles and seo url.
As I know, prestashop and magento can easily set different homepage title for different language.

http://www.haowind.com
Haowind is a professional manufacturer for plastic craftworks, piggy banks, bath ducks, mini compasses and promotional gifts.

Location - China

Post by mikekasky » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:45 pm

I'm just wondering how hard it can be and how many developer resources it will cost to extend built-in multi-language to manufacturers? Brand names ARE different and whoever thinks not is ignoring the Chinese market.

The Chinese market will be bigger than all others combined so what are we waiting for? We really need this, if someone please can point me to the needed changes that's much appreciated.

Post by fido-x » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:43 pm

Manufacturer (or brand) names are registered trademakrs of the relevant company and are spelt the same in EVERY language.

For example Microsoft, Apple, even MacDonalds are spelt the same in Russion, Japanese, French, German, etc. INCLUDING Chinese!

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by czorny » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:06 am

fido-x wrote:Manufacturer (or brand) names are registered trademakrs of the relevant company and are spelt the same in EVERY language.

For example Microsoft, Apple, even MacDonalds are spelt the same in Russion, Japanese, French, German, etc. INCLUDING Chinese!
I'm sorry, but do you even understand a difference between "spelled" and "written"? Yes, brand names SPELLED more or less the same in different languages, nut NOT written. For example, all Chinese brands have Latin names in English. In Cyrillic-based languages many foreign companies are transliterated as well.

So yes, multiple languages for brand names is a very good idea.

Post by dalibor » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:47 am

Extension for manufacturers in multi-language can be found here http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=21961

Post by Jeff1203 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Yes indeed it is a must for a manufacturers to be in a multi lingual based. It is a type of customer satisfaction for their brand. PS

Post by straightlight » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:46 am

Manufacturer (or brand) names are registered trademakrs of the relevant company and are spelt the same in EVERY language.

This analogy is partially correct. There are countries where a store name may require to use other languages. It may not be the only name.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by mwautier » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:42 pm

I use the Brands for another purpose, in my online jewelry store, the brands present the natural stones of the jewelry, so I would be very interested in being able to translate into more languages.

Thanks

Post by straightlight » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:42 pm

mwautier wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:42 pm
I use the Brands for another purpose, in my online jewelry store, the brands present the natural stones of the jewelry, so I would be very interested in being able to translate into more languages.

Thanks
Have you searched the Marketplace? There are plenty being published there.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON