Post by Qphoria » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:56 am

Woohoo its here.

Ok, a couple things (I will post them here until we get the bug tracker set up for 1.0)

Minor:
- Why use the javascript for the admin login? Forces me to "Click" instead of hitting the enter key or tabbing to the button. Not a bug, just a bit of a nuisance.
- You left your information in the store owner area. Hope its fake so you don't get a bunch of prank calls :)
- You removed "Pounds" & "Ounces" from the default weight class list under the "Settings->Local" tab. Easy enough to add back but seems like it should just be default.
- You removed the "Processing" state from the default order status list. Easy enough to add back but seems like it should just be default.
- Admin menu loads initially "fully expanded". As page finishes, it then hides the menu. So initially it's in the way. Not really a bug, just another nuisance. Could probably call hide with a body onLoad instead of a separate call after the page fully loads
- Need "Check/Uncheck All" for long lists of checkboxes. Like in the coupon area when adding coupons and checking the items that it is applicable to.
- Existing product viewed data in the reports area, no easy way to clear it

Medium:
- In the Admin section, if you click the "DELETE" button without checking anything, it doesn't catch the error and throws a php error.
- Error deleting checked Geo Zones
- Error deleting checked Zones
- Error deleting checked order status (but it did work after page refresh)
- Error updating checked products when changing the parent category
- Deleting checked images gives error "assigned to 1 manufacturer". Should be "Assigned to 1 products"
- Sql error deleting checked downloads
- Updating Sort Order on shipping page applies it to ALL shipping methods on the list page, not just the one you changed
- Last shipping method doesn't show state on the list page. (May only be related to Zone Shipping)
- Edit Customer from the "Admin->Home->Customers tab" loads an empty form.

Major:
- No more install/uninstall on Payment page, makes it difficult to reset or remove modules. This is fine to disable them, but for new versions, it is no longer easy to just uninstall/reinstall to update the new fields
- No more install/uninstall on Shipment page, makes it difficult to reset or remove modules. This is fine to disable them, but for new versions, it is no longer easy to just uninstall/reinstall to update the new fields
- Insert order page under Admin "Customers->Order->Insert" shows "Page not Found"
- No more template selection (known I know)

That's enough for now. More to come.

The menu is certainly better now that it's no longer using that funky menu. It uses a proper UL/LI style listing. It's currently file-based still, but it's easily converted to a DB-based menu, making it easier to make contribs, but one thing at a time :)

Like that you are using alternating colors for list rows

I like the hover over ? question mark popups for help.
Last edited by Qphoria on Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Administrator

Post by JohnnyO » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:18 pm

Qphoria wrote: Woohoo its here.
+1

Installing now .. Will update if I find some bugs

1.0 Beta 1 .. Gotta love it  ;D ;D

UPDATE

Code: Select all

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webadmin@kundenserver.de and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. 
Anyone else??
Last edited by JohnnyO on Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you make it idiot proof, they will just build a better idiot.

Location - Denver, CO - USA

Post by Qphoria » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:40 pm

Yea, many hosts, including my own Windows Server, do not like the "SecFilterEngine Off" in the htaccess file. Comment it out
Last edited by Qphoria on Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Administrator

Post by XM4N » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:41 pm

JohnnyO wrote:
Qphoria wrote: Woohoo its here.
+1

Installing now .. Will update if I find some bugs

1.0 Beta 1 .. Gotta love it  ;D ;D

UPDATE

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webadmin@kundenserver.de and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. 
Anyone else??
HELLO

Try modify .htaccess    I comment "# SecFilterEngine Off " and after it will start up and then you maybe edit again with register globals off.

To moderators, developers and Daniel:
thanks for view future of this project and i am watching on it, backend look good, but i think there is realy more things which can be better
I mean functions ... try to look on the prestashop.com functions,etc.

THX FOR THIS BETA Daniel

webprostor.eu - hosting nejen pro váš eshop

Post by Daniel » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:55 pm

XM4N wrote:
To moderators, developers and Daniel:
thanks for view future of this project and i am watching on it, backend look good, but i think there is realy more things which can be better
I mean functions ... try to look on the prestashop.com functions,etc.

THX FOR THIS BETA Daniel
Can you provide a list of features hat are in prestashop that you would like to see in opencart. Now that I'm happy with the framework I can start adding new stuff.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:05 pm

jty wrote: OK, I already broke it  ::)
Trying to Add to Cart > error
Notice: Undefined index: option in C:\myData\wwwroot\devel\opencart_beta\catalog\controller\product\product.php on line 5
Awww!! I'm telling! You don't see us coming to your site and breaking your things!  >:( ;D

jty wrote:
Daniel wrote: Can you provide a list of features hat are in prestashop that you would like to see in opencart.
Now I'm getting really excited.
The things I'm having the most problems finding in cart software is:
1. Shipping estimator. Prestashop does this beautifully. I do shipping by weight and only have 2 weight bands and one carrier. I do not do zones.
I can live without estimated shipping in the cart summary but I really would like it in the cart page
2. Attributes/options on the "category" listing page. Qphoria's contribution for v 0.7.8. Prestashop can't do this. Neither can virtuemart.
3. Anonymous checkout. I like the way Virtuemart (I think it's Virtuemart) does this by making the create account look like it's an anonymous checkout.

I would also like to have different templates for different category pages ie to be able to have category 1 with a grid view and category 2 with a row view.

Other Prestashop nice-to-haves
- Tag cloud
- Products in the Same Category on the bottom of the Products page

What I don't like about Prestahop
- Too much ajax. Ajax is nice but too much is a nuisance particularly in the admin end
- Check-out process too many steps. Feels like I need to click forever like Cubecart 3

Thank-you for your work.
Love the changes to the admin end
I will be porting all my contribs from 0.7.8 over to 1.0 in the coming weeks. There is also some discussion about integrating a few of them into the core... more to follow on that after the release of 0.7.9

Currently I am looking at a 1-page checkout system for 1.0, that is a main focus to get that working sooner than later.

I also have a Shipping Estimator planned for 1.0. I will say tho, after having a shop up for the last 3 years with Zen-Cart, which does have the shipping estimator, I can't count how many times some moron wonderful customer has contacted me about the cost of shipping. Perhaps if it is visible enough then people will see it.
Last edited by Qphoria on Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Administrator

Post by JohnnyO » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:15 pm

Qphoria wrote: Yea, many hosts, including my own Windows Server, do not like the "SecFilterEngine Off" in the htaccess file. Comment it out
Thanks Q .. Works great now

Post by Qphoria » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:26 am

lol love the analogies. And agree with them too :P

One comment about positioning that has me torn in the middle is that if positioning is handled via an admin setting, it clashes with the power of using CSS. But on the other hand, due to the inability for the top browsers to agree on the correct way to handle styling (IE6, i'm looking at you!) it can be a nightmare trying to use CSS to do even the simplest things as well. So I'm definitely torn on the issue. Zen-Cart has this and it was a pain for template makers when using a template that used fixed width for images and stuff, but the admin setting allowed them to resize the td cells separately at the html level.
Last edited by Qphoria on Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Administrator

Post by XM4N » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:56 am

hi daniel
both systems are too same(openC now have graphs,and others which presta have not and i am happy for it), but some features are not.Some from that features which i think are helpful for trader and customer are
front office:
pdf invoice/slip for customer
few modules for advertisement,"top salles","actions",etc.´(some from it open have,i know)

back office:
pdf generator,and multiple generator for save an complete invoices/slips(but they use fpdf.org,and it is old-many problems witch using other font style for example cyrilic and others,but now its work,maybe tcpdf.org will be usefull)
better language translate editor and better using multiple languages import/export

other little functions:
Delivery status notification e-mails (customizable)
Bar codes
good change of graphic scheme

few tips which arent in both:
Product comparison
Customer groups(i think this is most useful!)
Multiple Shops
Printable shipping label
export/import .csv
export xml for "other sell systems like internet catalogs with products compare price from other stores"
editable order ID: start from zero if start new year(is an automatic?)
and use own number format before order id like XXXX00001 next XXXX00002,.etc where X is numbers if any trader have an "true shop" and virtual internet system and he would have an list of invoices/slips
good support for extra symbols like euro,dolar and font alphabet which is not "qwerty" only

uff..it will by realy heavy to explain it, sry for my english
I think opencart will be more better then prestas and I am look forward to seeing it.
Now if the beta is!Team of developers could change it to stable in front of the end of this year with features which haven´t any of opensource which i know today (quickcart,OScommerce,zencart,magento,prestashop,and opencart :-) ) every have an bugs but all arent userfriedly for everybody.
In my opinion presta and opencart will be most userfriendly then others in the near future.

PS: i need more time to view all feature in beta,my apologies if i say something which opencart has!

good night, all

Andrew
Last edited by XM4N on Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

webprostor.eu - hosting nejen pro váš eshop

Post by Qphoria » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:39 am

Working on my first contrib porting. "Search History Report".
Got about 30% of the way through it and found a design implementation I don't care for. The main function calls for the reports out of the admin/model/report/report.php file. It would be much easier to add new reports if these functions were self-contained within the individual report files and less core files to edit.

Why leave the individual file to call a function from a common file that only pertains to this report, only to return back to that individual report. I don't much see any reason to have the report model at all as there are no common points shared between the different reports.
Last edited by Qphoria on Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:42 am

Few more bugs:

- User Group "Access" controls don't work. Unchecking the access checkbox still allows me to view the page. "Modify" Appears to work on the few that I tested
- Filtering on customers gives sql error. javascript onclick used for the filter button again, instead of allowing "enter key" to submit the form.
Last edited by Qphoria on Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:26 am

SCREEECHING HALT!

Permissions for files is using a hardcoded file list now, so simply adding new files to the folder no longer are auto-added to the available list. So for instance, adding a new report doesn't show up in the list of permissions. Please go back to the file lookup function for this.

I am also unable to even directly type in the address, which makes me wonder if there is more hardcoding for routes... which will be another problem.

I cannot continue the Search History Report contrib until this is addressed. In fact, most contribs, if properly created to match the format of the rest of the files use this function to allow access. So I cannot do anything until it's addressed.
Last edited by Qphoria on Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:57 am

ok i will change the user permissions back to scanning files in directories.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:50 am

;D Lol good. I just actually modded mine to use the filesearch... It works, but its a messy 10min job :P Thanks Daniel :)

Administrator

Post by JohnnyO » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:05 pm

I have a couple of questions about the catalog template configuration being used in this new version.  I know that Daniel, you are going to release a new template in the public release. I'm just wondering how you are going to arrange the file system.

1.) As it stands right now the /catalog directory contains (/controller, /language, /model and /view). Are you going to break out the controller, model and view directories into a separate directory to allow for multiple templates? Or the /view directory only?

Thanks, -JO

Post by salmoon » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:04 pm

QUICK question Daniel..

Will the Paypal IPN Callback bug some of us had last year be fixed in this new version??
If you remember, it was where paypal wasn't calling back to the site to tell it to process the order, so we had to use an alternative method put together by one of the forum members.

Many thanks.

Post by Daniel » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:42 pm

salmoon wrote: QUICK question Daniel..

Will the Paypal IPN Callback bug some of us had last year be fixed in this new version??
If you remember, it was where paypal wasn't calling back to the site to tell it to process the order, so we had to use an alternative method put together by one of the forum members.

Many thanks.

Yes it will be fixed!

I'm changing the code for a one page checkout system and it will store the order once the check confirm button is clicked not when the callback is called.

Callbacks are unreliable.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:12 pm

JohnnyO wrote: I have a couple of questions about the catalog template configuration being used in this new version.  I know that Daniel, you are going to release a new template in the public release. I'm just wondering how you are going to arrange the file system.

1.) As it stands right now the /catalog directory contains (/controller, /language, /model and /view). Are you going to break out the controller, model and view directories into a separate directory to allow for multiple templates? Or the /view directory only?

Thanks, -JO
The multiple template support was removed initially to keep things simple, but I think there have been a few requests to add that layer back in so it will probably be added back. But the structure with essentially stay the same, just be a subfolder of the template name like before

so I believe it would go from:
/view/template/
/view/css
/view/image/
etc

to:

/view//template
/view//css
/view//image

I'll let Daniel correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that is how it would work.

Administrator

Post by bthirsk » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:12 pm

Another item to consider including in the new version is a DATED SPECIAL PRICE.
I Have this on my in house system and it displays regular price and new dated special.
It just requires a small admin to include the Price, Start and Finish date, and link to product.
This allows special pricing, while leaving regular price intact.
Most carts now have this feature.
Everyone likes a deal, we just have to show them they are getting one.
Brent

Brent

Location - Canada

Post by Qphoria » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:00 pm

Nusphere PHP Debugger constantly freezing now  :(

I've been struggling with this for the past 24 hours now. Seems Nusphere, the php debugger IDE that I use constantly hangs on the following code from the library/common/response.php file:

function output($level = 4) {
		foreach ($this->headers as $key => $value) {
			header($key. ': ' . $value);
		}

if ($this->level) {
			echo $this->compress($this->output, $level);
		 } else {
			echo $this->output;
		}
	}
As soon as it hits the "echo $this->output;" it just freezes. I don't have any other information but maybe you know something Daniel (hopefully).

bruce, I think I read that you use this IDE as well, have you had this problem? I even upgraded from 5.2 to 5.5 with the new dbg dll version. It worked the first time I tried it but its like 9 out of 10 times it freezes.

Never had this problem with any php code before OC v1.0. Daniel what did you doo!!!!  ??? ;D
Last edited by Qphoria on Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Administrator