Post by DAVEJ59 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:07 pm

Hi,

I have just installed Opencart 1.4.8 and Import/Export 1-4-8-11 ruining in a test system using WAMP server, php .53

I have approx 3500 products to import but I am having trouble using the import module.
My product_id is the product code, some of the codes are:
24HP2.1
24HP2.2
24HP2.3
etc

The import fails with the error:
Error: Duplicate entry '24HP2' for key 'PRIMARY'
Error No: 1062

It obviously does not see the . in the string and so produces the duplicate error.
The same thing happens on other codes where it has a hyphen in the code eg: 24HP2-6

Now I have tried entering these codes manually through the admin panel successfully so Opencart has no problem with them but the Import/Export module does.

Anyone have any idea have to resolve this - I don't want to enter all 3000+ manually :choke:

Thanks in anticipation for any help.

Best regards

Dave.

Post by SteveSherry » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:55 pm

Can you try and replace the dots with slashes or some other kind of punctuation?

My Website ¦ Summer Madness Special Offer ¦

Location - Wirral, UK

Post by SteveSherry » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:56 pm

Whilst I appreciate that this is not a fix, it will get the store online, then you can look to alter the code (if neccessary) through sql

Location - Wirral, UK

Post by DAVEJ59 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:27 pm

Hi Steve,
I see where your going with this, it was my first thought.
Unfortunately it is not an option. Our main ERP system handles all all the sales order processing, purchasing, inventory etc. My plan is to set up a daily update from our ERP system, the obvious thing that will change regularly is the stock quantity of each product. I will use Crystal Reports (or Access Query)to extract the required info from the ERP system and then import into Opencart thus keeping Opencart up to date. So going forward, the product_id must be the same on both systems.

Thanks for your input though!

Dave

Post by SteveSherry » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:39 pm

I know what you mean, and whilst my offering isn't a solution, it would be a reasonably simple short term fix for you?
it would just mean adding another step to the process.

also, just thinking now, have you tried entering some products manually....
how does the export show the products in excel?
does it replace the punctuation with a piece of code or does it show correctly?

Location - Wirral, UK

Post by DAVEJ59 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:06 pm

Ah, good point! I will do a quick export and let you know.

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:20 pm

The product_id always has to be a unique integer value.

Use the SKU for your own way of identifying products.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by DAVEJ59 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:10 pm

Hi JNeuhoff

I take your point that the product_id field must be an integer (and indeed it is set as an INT in the product table), but I did a manual entry of 24HP2.1 and 24HP2-1, it accepted them and displayed them in the store front, I also exported the database and sure enough they appeared on the spreadsheet.

I can't explain that?

Dave.

Post by cc6264 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:25 pm

I seem to have a similar error

Error: Duplicate entry '49--1' for key 1
INSERT INTO `product_tags` (`product_id`,`tag`,`language_id`) VALUES (49,'',1), (49,'',1);

I exported my test file - had only 3 products in it. Changed the sku numbers to something different then imported. I made sure all the product_id is unique.Have not changed anything else.

Threw up the error above (language???) Now only have 1 product.

Only have 1 language installed.

Not sure what to do. ???

Location - Sydney,Australia

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:21 pm

cc6264 wrote:I seem to have a similar error

INSERT INTO `product_tags` (`product_id`,`tag`,`language_id`) VALUES (49,'',1), (49,'',1);

I exported my test file - had only 3 products in it. Changed the sku numbers to something different then imported. I made sure all the product_id is unique.Have not changed anything else.

Not sure what to do. ???
Send me your spreadsheet file and I take a look at it.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by phoanglong » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:34 am

I need to upload about 6000 products into my store but when i tried to upload the xls file, it doesn't show up anything! not even an error, i can see that the loading bar in my browser was running, it means that i was uploading to the server but after it ended, nothing seems to happen. I tried to upload about 3000 products and it was fine. Products showed up.

p/s: if someone is good with spreadsheet, may i ask this question:
for example: i got two products like this:
200 1 Million by Paco Rabanne 3.4z
201 1 Million by Paco Rabanne 1.7z
the only diffrenet between this two products are the size. I don't want to have 2 products on the main store with the same name but different size. Is there any way I can put this in to "option" without doing it manually?

Thank you so much...

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:02 pm

phoanglong wrote:I need to upload about 6000 products into my store but when i tried to upload the xls file, it doesn't show up anything! not even an error, i can see that the loading bar in my browser was running, it means that i was uploading to the server but after it ended, nothing seems to happen. I tried to upload about 3000 products and it was fine. Products showed up.

p/s: if someone is good with spreadsheet, may i ask this question:
for example: i got two products like this:
200 1 Million by Paco Rabanne 3.4z
201 1 Million by Paco Rabanne 1.7z
the only diffrenet between this two products are the size. I don't want to have 2 products on the main store with the same name but different size. Is there any way I can put this in to "option" without doing it manually?

Thank you so much...
If you can upload 3000, but not 6000 products, then chances are you have hit one of the limits from your PHP configuration. Check the usual PHP configuration variables as per the readme.txt.

As regards product options: Try this in your 'Options' worksheet (Replace x.xx with your add-on price for the larger size):
screenshot-options.png

screenshot-options.png (7.77 KiB) Viewed 5622 times

Guru Member

Post by phoanglong » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:54 pm

hi there, thank for your reply, i think that i will have to ask my host to increase the php memory for me.
And for the spreadsheet, i know how to do it manually but i want to ask some spreadsheet expert howt o do it with some kind of code. because I have like 6000 products with asleast 2-3k is like that. thanks

Post by phoanglong » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:09 pm

this is my php configuration, what should i change to make 6000 products upload possible?

Attachments

php.png

php.png (39.7 KiB) Viewed 5618 times

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:39 pm

phoanglong wrote:this is my php configuration, what should i change to make 6000 products upload possible?
You should at least double your memory_limit.

BTW.: Don't use Windows for your Opencart server!

Guru Member

Post by comua » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:53 pm

cc6264 wrote:I seem to have a similar error

Not sure what to do. ???
I had the same problem. The reason was the lack of data in a field tag in the product description. Script inserted "," symbol in "tags" field instead of an empty content, after exporting the data in the XLS file. Importing passed without errors, after removing this symbol in the column "tags" for each product in saved XLS file.

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:08 am

comua wrote: I had the same problem. The reason was the lack of data in a field tag in the product description. Script inserted "," symbol in "tags" field instead of an empty content, after exporting the data in the XLS file. Importing passed without errors, after removing this symbol in the column "tags" for each product in saved XLS file.
I am unable to reproduce this error. Try the latest Export/Import module.

Guru Member

Post by phoanglong » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:33 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
phoanglong wrote:this is my php configuration, what should i change to make 6000 products upload possible?
You should at least double your memory_limit.

BTW.: Don't use Windows for your Opencart server!
is there any way i can still upload 6000 products without the need of double my memory_limit. As i'm using share host right now and the provider does not want to double it. they said it is the maximum for them at 64M.

can i devided the spreadsheet into 2 and upload it part by part?

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:31 pm

phoanglong wrote: is there any way i can still upload 6000 products without the need of double my memory_limit. As i'm using share host right now and the provider does not want to double it. they said it is the maximum for them at 64M.

You could install an Opencart system on your local PC which gives you the freedom to configure it with a sufficient memory_limit. Then edit and import your spreadsheet to your local PC. Once done, do a backup of your database via PHPMyAdmin or the Opemcart admin backup function, and then do a restore of this database to your remote server.

Guru Member

Post by phoanglong » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:14 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
phoanglong wrote: is there any way i can still upload 6000 products without the need of double my memory_limit. As i'm using share host right now and the provider does not want to double it. they said it is the maximum for them at 64M.

You could install an Opencart system on your local PC which gives you the freedom to configure it with a sufficient memory_limit. Then edit and import your spreadsheet to your local PC. Once done, do a backup of your database via PHPMyAdmin or the Opemcart admin backup function, and then do a restore of this database to your remote server.
wow.. i don't really know what to say now, all I can say is thank you so much.. I don't know why i didn't think of this ealier.. :laugh:

but will it work out, because my remote server is a share host, and they just allow me to have 64M of memory.

anyway thank you so much.