Post by supak111 » Tue May 21, 2024 6:15 am

Hey everyone, I got a weird issue on my site now...

My modifications stopped working. They get updating in the storage/modification folder but don't get served when I visit my site so I'm guessing the OC is serving the non modified files to visitors

Why would this happen?
Last edited by supak111 on Wed May 22, 2024 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~ OC 3.0.3.2 and OCmods only ~


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:09 pm

Post by nonnedelectari » Tue May 21, 2024 7:46 am

supak111 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 6:15 am
Hey everyone, I got a weird issue on my site now...

My modifications stopped working. They get updating in the storage/modification folder but don't get served when I visit my site so I'm guessing the OC is serving the non modified files to visitors

Why would this happen?
All modifications?
just one?
to controller/model or view?

New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:34 pm

Post by supak111 » Tue May 21, 2024 1:46 pm

Hey after looking more into it... it's not all modification that aren't working, only some.. Lots of them have stuff to do with footer/header. Mods for the backend seem to work. But some mods for the frontend do not. This all happened after I uninstalled quite a few extensions and modifications wanting to remove stuff that was cluttering up my website.

PS its as if my site is serving a lot of files from storage/modificaitons... But header/footer files that its serving are not modified. Header/footer files in the storage/modification folder have all the modifications applied to them but I don't think they are being sent to visitors.

For example this simple custom CSS and JavaScript mod stopped working, none of the custom CSS I add now is showing up on the frontend:
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=36586

Also this simple cart alert extension stopped working:
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... er=letscms

Even this simple OCmod I made stopped working:

Code: Select all

    <file path="catalog/view/theme/*/template/common/header.twig">
        <operation>
            <search>
                <![CDATA[
<li><a href="{{ contact }}"><i class="fa fa-phone"></i></a> <span class="hidden-xs hidden-sm hidden-md">{{ telephone }}</span></li>  ]]>
            </search>
            <add position="replace">
                <![CDATA[ 
<li><a href="{{ contact }}"><i class="fa fa-phone"></i> <span class="hidden-xs hidden-sm hidden-md">{{ telephone }}</span></a></li> 
]]>
            </add>
        </operation>
    </file>

~ OC 3.0.3.2 and OCmods only ~


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:09 pm

Post by nonnedelectari » Tue May 21, 2024 4:50 pm

supak111 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 1:46 pm
Hey after looking more into it... it's not all modification that aren't working, only some.. Lots of them have stuff to do with footer/header. Mods for the backend seem to work. But some mods for the frontend do not. This all happened after I uninstalled quite a few extensions and modifications wanting to remove stuff that was cluttering up my website.

PS its as if my site is serving a lot of files from storage/modificaitons... But header/footer files that its serving are not modified. Header/footer files in the storage/modification folder have all the modifications applied to them but I don't think they are being sent to visitors.

For example this simple custom CSS and JavaScript mod stopped working, none of the custom CSS I add now is showing up on the frontend:
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=36586

Also this simple cart alert extension stopped working:
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... er=letscms

Even this simple OCmod I made stopped working:

Code: Select all

    <file path="catalog/view/theme/*/template/common/header.twig">
        <operation>
            <search>
                <![CDATA[
<li><a href="{{ contact }}"><i class="fa fa-phone"></i></a> <span class="hidden-xs hidden-sm hidden-md">{{ telephone }}</span></li>  ]]>
            </search>
            <add position="replace">
                <![CDATA[ 
<li><a href="{{ contact }}"><i class="fa fa-phone"></i> <span class="hidden-xs hidden-sm hidden-md">{{ telephone }}</span></a></li> 
]]>
            </add>
        </operation>
    </file>
Did you use the theme editor on those twig files?

New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:34 pm

Post by supak111 » Tue May 21, 2024 11:54 pm

WOOOOW!

This whole time that's all it was!!! Some extension (have no clue which one) edited my common/header file in backend under: Design --> Theme Editor

I don't think I would have ever figure this out if @nonnedelectari didn't mention it above.

Thanks a freaking million times

.

~ OC 3.0.3.2 and OCmods only ~


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:09 pm

Post by paulfeakins » Wed May 22, 2024 6:36 pm

supak111 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 11:54 pm
This whole time that's all it was!!!
Great. Please add [SOLVED] to the start of this topic title.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk


User avatar
Guru Member
Online

Posts

Joined
Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:01 pm
Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 62 guests