Post by hallakurt » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:56 am

Open cart version 4.0.2.1, php 8.1. I attached a screenshot. The only real customer is Sharon Day. I have no clue where the others are coming from, and every day there are more. The 2 real orders both have customer_id 0 and they are both not showing up in the customer table. ??? I would love to find out what is going on here - and how. Thank you for your help.

Attachments

screenshot.jpg

screenshot.jpg (72.92 KiB) Viewed 344 times

Last edited by hallakurt on Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by softmonke » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:55 pm

hallakurt wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:56 am
Open cart version 4.0.2.1, php 8.1. I attached a screenshot. The only real customer is Sharon Day. I have no clue where the others are coming from, and every day there are more. The 2 real orders both have customer_id 0 and they are both not showing up in the customer table. ??? I would love to find out what is going on here - and how. Thank you for your help.
If Customer ID is 0 for an order, that would simply mean that the customer does not have a registered account on your OpenCart store, and checked out as a guest customer. This is normal on OpenCart.

For the other customers, they are probably created by bots. You could try using a captcha for your registration page to potentially block off these bots from creating spam accounts on your site.

Reach out to us at hello@softmonke.com for your OpenCart web development needs.

Post by hallakurt » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:34 pm

Thank you so much for explaining this mystery to me. I installed the captcha, and hope that will put an end to the bots mischief.