Post by huko » Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:46 pm

Hello,

I have OC 3.0.3.6 and it works great with one exception.

SEO is ON and properly filled for all products and categories and other information. But not working for products. SEO is working properly for categories. But when I choose product there is shown url address containing product_id=63 (or other number) and not SEO description.

Can anyone advices me how to solve it?

Tom

Post by SohBH » Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:58 pm

Check if the "oc_seo_url" table contains value for "store_id", "language_id", "keyword" columns for the query: "product_id=63"

Business Web Development | Content Creation | Analytics and Reporting | SEO

Location - Malaysia

Post by huko » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:21 am

SohBH wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:58 pm
Check if the "oc_seo_url" table contains value for "store_id", "language_id", "keyword" columns for the query: "product_id=63"
Thank you. I opened database and compared table of product where SEO is not preferred with table of category where SEO is preferred and both tables are same. In both the language and store have same value.

Can not be somewhere problem why SEO is working for products but is not preferred?

Post by huko » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:06 pm

Someone any ideas? It is really strange as all is properly set, SEO url for products are working but are not preferred.

Post by SohBH » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:26 pm

If the SEO URL is working correctly when you directly type it into the browser, then the issue is likely related to your Opencart upgrade. In this case, I would recommend considering a clean installation of Opencart 3.0.3.8

Business Web Development | Content Creation | Analytics and Reporting | SEO

Location - Malaysia

Post by softmonke » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:07 pm

Please check that you have a valid .htaccess file. There should be a default .htaccess.txt file that comes with OpenCart. If it's there, rename it from ".htaccess.txt" to ".htaccess". If you're missing the .htaccess file, go to OpenCart's GitHub repository (https://github.com/opencart/opencart/tree/master/upload) and copy-paste the .htaccess onto your server.

Reach out to us at hello@softmonke.com for your OpenCart web development needs.

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:03 pm

huko wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:46 pm
Can anyone advices me how to solve it?
Well this works in a default OpenCart so it's clearly an extension or change you've made. What extensions have you installed and what changes have you made?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by RandallChristopher » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:59 pm

Have you considered using a SEO URL checker? It can help identify any issues with your product URLs.