Post by jeep » Thu May 25, 2023 9:06 pm

Hi,

I have been running a 1.5.4 shop for almost a decade and now my host is upgrading to php version 8.1.
So..I am wondering which version i should go to from here.. and if it is even possible to upgrade the entire shop or maybe even better to start a fresh?
I am bit daunted at the idea of a complete move.. but also would prefer to keep all my orders and data etc.

Any advice would be much apreciated
Thnx

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu May 25, 2023 10:44 pm

Do a fresh install of the 3.0.x.x_Maintenance release, which is based on 3.0.3.8, with added bugfixes and support for all the latest PHP 8.x versions.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by jeep » Fri May 26, 2023 8:07 pm

Thank you so much for the advice. I will give it a go! Is a tool like ExcelPort a good choice for migration the store data?

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri May 26, 2023 8:37 pm

jeep wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 8:07 pm
Thank you so much for the advice. I will give it a go! Is a tool like ExcelPort a good choice for migration the store data?
You could use the Export/Import tool for this, see also our FAQ.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member