Post by Rupert_B » Fri May 26, 2023 3:36 am

Hi:
I'm using V3.0.3.8 I received notification from UPS that on June 3, 2024, access keys will no longer be supported for authentication to UPS APIs.
It goes on to say that I will need to obtain OAuth API credentials from the new UPS Developer Portal and update my security protocols to OAuth 2.0 prior to June 3, 2024 to continue transacting with UPS APIs
So, once I obtain my credentials, do I just go into my UPS extension and enter the new credentials in the "access code" field?
Thanks!

Post by Johnathan » Fri May 26, 2023 5:15 am

No, the OAuth system is very different than the access keys, so the built-in UPS extension will need to be rewritten. I'm not sure if that's on the OpenCart team's radar, so you may need to get a commercial extension unless someone modifies the built-in UPS extension.

I do have an extension called UPS Pro (https://www.opencartx.com/ups-pro) and it uses the OAuth system, so you won't have any issues with it. It has a bunch of advanced features, as well as the ability to print labels, so you're not just paying for the OAuth changes. Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator