Post by frank79 » Sat May 06, 2023 10:29 pm

I was checking the ranking of one of my pages on google and discovered a site that contained a link to the demo page of one of my extensions. I opened that site and discovered a catalog of illegally sold extensions and themes (including my own).

Site link: digella.com/product-category/templates/opencart-templates/

I checked the domain name with a whois service but (obviously) the site owner's information is hidden.

The site is indexed on Google, I doubt it is possible to ask for banning a site with content that violates copyright rules, I suppose it is not easy to prove it, but if anyone knows how to do it or has other ideas about it, please let us know.

Our new Opencart Extension:
AI Assistant - automatic product and category text generator

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun May 07, 2023 12:20 am

The domain name registrar is namecheap.com which is known for being the registrar for a number of domains whose sites sell stolen or illegal copies of various OpenCart extensions. I just did a quick check on digella.com, and it appears to sell illegal copies from e.g TMD Extensions and others.

See also this forum thread.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by DigitCart » Sun May 07, 2023 2:22 am

Hi
I think this one is doing the same:
software.hollandsweb.com/web-softwares-category/opencart/

My Extensions

Post by frank79 » Sun May 07, 2023 6:05 pm

So the best that could be done would be to :

• Contact the hosting providers/Domain Registrars and inform them of the fraudulent activity of those sites;
  • Any other ideas would be welcome;
I just noticed that the Opencart forum doesn't add rel=nofollow to links in posts, please don't post clickable links (remove https://www from the link) of those sites otherwise pages like this are likely to become advertising pages of those sites :-[
I have contacted Namecheap, just to see if and what they answer about that site...

Our new Opencart Extension:
AI Assistant - automatic product and category text generator