Post by halfhope » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:54 am

I wrote to ask for support many times but did not receive answers. I hope they hear me here.
  • The forum does not have a reward system, which completely repels developers from responding.
  • The forum and marketplace use old BB codes and old emoticons. Converting product descriptions to BB codes every time is too much. After all, there have been good Wysiwyg editors for a long time.
  • Advertised modules take up most of the top page when browsing the marketplace.
  • The two oldest banners hang on the main page of the forum and take up half the screen. This prompts you to turn on ad blocking, but what about those who do not have it?
  • There is no notification system for new topics and other events.
  • There is no subscription system.
  • Ancient as a mammoth, a messenger was incomprehensible to users.
How many times have you had to jump back to quote part of a post you're replying to?
Have you considered how many times you need to click the mouse to upload an update for your module?

Old-style forum for old-style users. All this does not encourage programmers and users to use Opencart, but vice versa.

Sorry, I got ripped off.

My extensions in marketplace. [ security | flexibility | speedup ]

Location - San Diego

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:42 pm

So what forum software do you suggest OpenCart should use?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by halfhope » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:36 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:42 pm
So what forum software do you suggest OpenCart should use?
Hi!

On several marketplaces that I know, Invision Community (formerly IPBoard) is used, which is convenient.

I suggest just looking at and working on the shortcomings, there are probably more of them. I can't even imagine how customers use this forum when they are asked to "use the search", especially new ones. I do not think that the situation will change in the next year.

Location - San Diego

Post by halfhope » Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:14 am

Why is version 4 on the main page of opencart.com? Nowhere is there a sign that it is not stable. Instead, we have to tell all forum users not to install and upgrade to version 4 because it's not stable. And this can only be said for those who have reached the forum, and there are only a few of them.

It's scary to think how many people have already been pushed away by version 4. The problem is that people do not want to sit on older versions, and since they need an online store, they need it as soon as possible. No one will wait for stable version 4. It is better to look for something else, like Magento or Shopify, for example.

Location - San Diego

Post by straightlight » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:33 pm

halfhope wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:14 am
Why is version 4 on the main page of opencart.com? Nowhere is there a sign that it is not stable. Instead, we have to tell all forum users not to install and upgrade to version 4 because it's not stable. And this can only be said for those who have reached the forum, and there are only a few of them.

It's scary to think how many people have already been pushed away by version 4. The problem is that people do not want to sit on older versions, and since they need an online store, they need it as soon as possible. No one will wait for stable version 4. It is better to look for something else, like Magento or Shopify, for example.
Or, people are rather being convinced to remain on OC v3.x releases until OC 4 gets officially released and stable.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON