Post by khairjalees » Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:17 pm

I have what seems like a bot ( according to the activity + searching on google ) that keeps placing orders on the website for 2 weeks and i can only cancel the orders once place .
Any one have an extension or another solution to permanently block these bots ?
the orders placed under the name : Youssef Salem , johnsmithstore.91@gmail.com

that email is actually not valid now and orders emails bounce back when we automatically send them as notification to the customer

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:24 pm

If these fake orders come from registered fake accounts created by spambots then the first thing you should do is to delete all these fake accounts in your OpenCart admin backend.

And then you should protect you online account creations, as well as guest checkouts, against spambots. You can use our SpamBot Buster tool for this.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by by mona » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:53 am

Just for information: If the orders are created using the same email address, you can disable the account of that email address under customers instead of deleting the account, that way you also prevent that email address from recreating an account.

No doubt that they will just use another one, but it will stop that specific email if that is what you want to achieve.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:32 pm

khairjalees wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:17 pm
I have what seems like a bot ( according to the activity + searching on google ) that keeps placing orders on the website for 2 weeks and i can only cancel the orders once place .
How come you allow orders without payment?

Anyway, look at our extension: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=36312

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom